Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2018, 05:08 PM   #21
Johnnypt63

I have a 2016 Alpine 3011RE and we have noticed in the last few times out the issue with retracting the slides stop and start they move about 6 to 10 inches then stop. I don’t take my finger off the screen the slide just stops. Manual says the over load to Hyde motor causing ... Anyone heard this or have this issue ??
Johnnypt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:31 PM   #22
ChuckS

Alpine slide out issue

I would clean the gear packs for each slide, lubricate with dry graphite grease and use synthetic oil in between the gear pack bushings.

Doing this will make your slides smoother, quieter and quicker

https://www.lci1.com/images/support/lipsheet/0003.pdf

Also you may need to do this upgrade to your resettable circuit breakers for the DC line to the hydraulic pump

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ulic_Pumps.pdf

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:44 PM   #23
E Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Rod View Post
Thank you all for your suggestions. Tried them all to no avail. Called ASA ELECTRONICS one more time as the previous calls were not helpful. Finally a rep by the name of Tori Lloyd heard me out and read all my notes. Turns out I have the first version of the In Command system. She said there were problems when pressing the button for the hydraulic slide outs it would loose connection. She said they will be replacing my system with the next version at no cost to me . Thank God finally a company that backs their product.
Unfortunately I have been unable to get any help from ASA ELECTRONICS after several attempts to get the rv dealership and them to communicate has failed. The dealership has called several times and left message with Tori and Jennifer but have gone unreturned. It look promising at first I would finally have my In Command issue taken care only to be disappointed. I will keep attempting to hopefully get it resolved.
E Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:37 AM   #24
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

May be time to call ASA directly yourself. You can't get worse help than you already are.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:12 AM   #25
E Rod

I've called dealer several times and ASA. dealer says they've called and left messages. I called ASA and it seems they don't return calls
I asked if they would call dealer while I'm on line. They say no , dealer needs to call them. Doesn't end...

2021 F350 Lariat Ultimate Pkg,FX4,CC,LB

2017 Alpine 3660FL
Old 07-01-2018, 02:00 PM   #26
jeffm

Alpine slide out issues

I have a 2014 Alpine 3720FB and having issues since day 1 with the slide out that has the kitchen table on it. Replaced under warranty and after that replaced after wards 6x. Not sure if anyone else having problems with gears breaking with a slide on the Alpine. The dealer is not much help. If you have had these issues what have you done to help repair it? It's to the point where we are looking for another 5th Wheel that is not the same brand.
jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #27
E Rod

Update, finally received and installed the new second version of the In Command. Had a near by dealership receive it for me as ASA ELECTRONICS would not send it to me directly. Installed ,tested and operated it myself. About 11/2 hour to replace and run some wire. Now the hydraulic slide outs operate from the touch pad as it was intended to do so.. I left the mechanical switch in place and connected as a bypass for pit stops or as a backup. Helps to get familiarized with your unit and it's components.

2021 F350 Lariat Ultimate Pkg,FX4,CC,LB

2017 Alpine 3660FL
Old 07-12-2018, 07:29 AM   #28
sdetweil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
I have a 2014 Alpine 3720FB and having issues since day 1 with the slide out that has the kitchen table on it. Replaced under warranty and after that replaced after wards 6x. Not sure if anyone else having problems with gears breaking with a slide on the Alpine. The dealer is not much help. If you have had these issues what have you done to help repair it? It's to the point where we are looking for another 5th Wheel that is not the same brand.
I have a 2013 Alpine 3720FB, and have had no problems with the slides.
I have mechanical switches on my unit.

Tags
alpine, slide, slide out