Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2018, 07:00 PM   #1
Wingerdinger

What is the 'Sunset Package'?

Hi, we are new to the forum, and to Keystone. We currently own a 2015 Lance 1575 (for sale), and am going to miss it, but we outgrew it.
We are seriously considering a new (to us) 2015 CrossRoads (Keystone) Sunset Trail Reserve ST26RB.
Among the many features that are listed with this model, one of them is called the 'Sunset Package'.
Does anybody know what that is? The owner does not know. I have searched all over the internet.
Thanks for any advise.
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:55 PM   #2
KeithInUpstateNY

Crossroads is also owned by Thor, but from my quick research is not under the Keystone umbrella, they have their own web site and are listed separately on NADA. I couldn't find information on 2015 models yet but for 2017 according to NADA "Sunset Trail Super Lite models include the Sunset Trail Package, painted front cap, power tongue jack, outside camp kitchen, tri-fold sofa, 2nd skylight and sink cover." And "Sunset Trail Grand Reserve models include the Sunset Trail Package, automatic leveling system, power tongue jack, painted front cap, solid surface countertop, theater seating (33SI only), outside camp kitchen (26SI and 33SI only), fireplace, 8 cu ft refrigerator, roller shades, 50 amp service, 2nd skylight and sink cover.*

The 2015 26RB is listed here on NADA: https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2015/...-26-RB/6537718

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:25 PM   #3
KeithInUpstateNY

As a side note, I had the same problem when I was researching the 2014 Prime Time Avenger 21RB "Touring Edition" I purchased this spring, and I'm a retired librarian. I found the 2014 Avenger brochure online and there was no information on what the "Touring Edition" included and the 22RB was not even in the floorplans. In 2015 the 22RB was in the Avenger ATI section, which is the entry level line (does not have the 25 year warranty floor, etc). I sent an email via the web site and a few days later not one, but two different people from Prime Time called me and answered my questions about the "Touring Edition" and assured me the 2014 22RB was an Avenger. It was a mid year addition that they moved to the Avenger ATI line the following year.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
Old 07-18-2018, 09:19 PM   #4
Wingerdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by compeakw View Post
Crossroads is also owned by Thor, but from my quick research is not under the Keystone umbrella, they have their own web site and are listed separately on NADA. I couldn't find information on 2015 models yet but for 2017 according to NADA "Sunset Trail Super Lite models include the Sunset Trail Package, painted front cap, power tongue jack, outside camp kitchen, tri-fold sofa, 2nd skylight and sink cover." And "Sunset Trail Grand Reserve models include the Sunset Trail Package, automatic leveling system, power tongue jack, painted front cap, solid surface countertop, theater seating (33SI only), outside camp kitchen (26SI and 33SI only), fireplace, 8 cu ft refrigerator, roller shades, 50 amp service, 2nd skylight and sink cover.*

The 2015 26RB is listed here on NADA: https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2015/...-26-RB/6537718
compeakw, I have dug pretty well into this model in general, and into the Sunset Package question.
1- I am not entirely sure about the merger/acquisition of Crossroads, but if you go to WWW.crossroadsrv.com, at the bottom of the page, it states ' a division of Keystone RV Company'. I read somewhere that Thor recently bought them both.
2- There is a newer line of Crossroads called the 'Grand Reserve' line, and it's not at all clear that the 'Sunset Trail Package' is the same as the Sunset Package on the 2015 'Reserve' line. The 2015 in question does have the features you mention, but most are listed as standard to the Reserve line.

It's all quite confusing. It doesn't really matter in the end what you call the features it has, it's only that my curiosity is killing me!
Old 07-18-2018, 09:30 PM   #5
KeithInUpstateNY

Thanks for the information, yet another similarity to my experience researching the Avenger. Prime Time is actually s division of Forest River, but unlike Cherokee, Rockwood, Salem, Vibe, etc it is not on the Forest River web site, it has its own.

I get the cunfusion and curiosity, it was driving me nuts as well. Perhaps an email and/or call will help you get your questions answered. Good luck!

2015 Bullet 220RBI
Old 07-19-2018, 07:17 AM   #6
Wingerdinger

Found a Crossroads forum

I didn't find it prior, but I found a Crossroads RV forum site, so I'll be posting my questions there.
Thanks for all your help.