Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2018, 09:49 PM   #1
lesleyinky

Outdoor Sink Faucet

I have never cared for a our outdoor sink much because of the poor design. It has the faucet that has to be popped on each time you open the sink. The problem is we don’t leave that “drawer” pulled out when not in use so it can’t be slid back in without removing the faucet attachment because of the low clearance.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5560.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	502.8 KB
ID:	16737

DH agreed to replace the entire faucet and handles if I could find one that was low profile enough to allow the clearance. I thought I️ had found the perfect match only to find our when it arrived today, it’s just a bit too tall.
I’ve placed it beside the existing faucet for illustration.

Name:	IMG_5561.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	482.9 KB
ID:	16738

Anyone have any suggestions? We really hate to cut or trim the wood around it.
lesleyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:14 AM   #2
Ductape

I'm looking to do the same mod some time this summer on our Bullet. I also plan to replace the sink with a stainless sink with a drain, and hopefully come up with a drain hose I can connect / disconnect.

This is the faucet I am looking at. It is spendy, but looks to me like it will do the trick.

https://www.amazon.com/Ambassador-Ma...D49A0EGYASA83X

I hope you will check back and share some photos of whatever solution you come up with.
Ductape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:35 AM   #3
lesleyinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ductape View Post
I'm looking to do the same mod some time this summer on our Bullet. I also plan to replace the sink with a stainless sink with a drain, and hopefully come up with a drain hose I can connect / disconnect.

This is the faucet I am looking at. It is spendy, but looks to me like it will do the trick.

https://www.amazon.com/Ambassador-Ma...D49A0EGYASA83X

I hope you will check back and share some photos of whatever solution you come up with.

Wow....I didn’t even think about a folding faucet. That may be an option (considering if we’d be willing to spend that much on it). However, the existing faucet sits so far back from the sink that the spout would have to be in a semi-folded position to reach it. Does that make sense? Would it even work partially folded?
Old 06-02-2018, 07:45 AM   #4
KSH

That's a great idea. Let us know if it works.
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:08 AM   #5
Ductape

I just assumed it would work in the semi-folded position, but don't know for sure. If I beat you to this mod I will report back..... though it will be awhile before I get to this.

If you come up with another solution, please let us know. Having a decent usable faucet and sink in the outdoor kitchen is creeping up my priority list.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:46 PM   #6
pitman44

What about a shower faucet, short hose and a sprayer? Lay the whole mess in the sink when your traveling.

Or take that disconnect off and put a chrome plated brass street 90? https://www.amazon.com/Merit-Brass-C.../dp/B00K0D3Q6C

Then put the disconnect back on.
pitman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:18 AM   #7
sconner

Ooh, I'm watching this post! I've been noodling on the same issue with my 2920BH. There isn't enough room beneath the sink pan for a drain if you keep the left side sliding table. I'm willing to ditch that slide out table if I could get a decent sink faucet and have a removable drain hose!
sconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:44 AM   #8
Ductape

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconner View Post
Ooh, I'm watching this post! I've been noodling on the same issue with my 2920BH. There isn't enough room beneath the sink pan for a drain if you keep the left side sliding table. I'm willing to ditch that slide out table if I could get a decent sink faucet and have a removable drain hose!

I was also planning on ditching the left slide out in order to have a useable sink. Worth it IMO.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:12 PM   #9
Carrottop

What about the faucets used in popup camper that are designed to fold sideways or in some class b motorhomes. Not sure where to find them but those are designed exactly for what you are looking for.
2015 Nissan Armada 5.6
2021 Keystone Residence 40FLFT
Carrottop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:17 PM   #10
Frank G

Really, really wish I had a sink in our outside kitchen to modify.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:57 PM   #11
lesleyinky

Outdoor Sink Faucet

Pitman44 suggested this - “Or take that disconnect off and put a chrome plated brass street 90? https://www.amazon.com/Merit-Brass-C.../dp/B00K0D3Q6C

So I️ ordered this 90 degree piece to try out. I️ was able to remove the disconnect myself but I’m not sure how to remove the faucet handles. Any suggestions?
Old 06-16-2018, 04:42 AM   #12
pitman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleyinky View Post
Pitman44 suggested this - “Or take that disconnect off and put a chrome plated brass street 90? https://www.amazon.com/Merit-Brass-C.../dp/B00K0D3Q6C

So I️ ordered this 90 degree piece to try out. I️ was able to remove the disconnect myself but I’m not sure how to remove the faucet handles. Any suggestions?

Do the centers of the handles pop out? On a residential faucets those pop out and there's a screw under them.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:34 AM   #13
lesleyinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitman44 View Post
Do the centers of the handles pop out? On a residential faucets those pop out and there's a screw under them.

Yes! That worked and the handles came right off allowing me to screw the new pipe fitting on. I️t appears this did the trick for the problem of not being able to open and close the drawer with a faucet attached. I’m thrilled.

DH isn’t home to tighten I️t all down like I️t needs but when he gets I️t all fixed up I will post a couple of pictures. I cannot believe an $11 dollar piece fixed an issue that’s bugged me since we bought I️t. Precisely why this forum is awesome! Thanks again!
Old 06-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #14
lesleyinky

Outdoor Sink Faucet

Name:	IMG_5804.JPG
Views:	380
Size:	643.2 KB
ID:	17070

Name:	IMG_5722.JPG
Views:	346
Size:	578.6 KB
ID:	17072

Name:	IMG_5803.JPG
Views:	431
Size:	748.3 KB
ID:	17071

Mission accomplished! The fitting mentioned on the previously did the trick! So happy to be able to open and close the outdoor kitchen without taking the faucet off! Granted, I️t looks a bit like a swan when out but I will take it!
Old 06-19-2018, 04:36 PM   #15
Harleydodge

Quote:
Attachment 17070
Attachment 17072
Attachment 17071

Mission accomplished! The fitting mentioned on the previous post did the trick! So happy to be able to open and close the outdoor kitchen without taking the faucet off! Granted, I️t looks a bit like a swan when out but I will take it!

Hehehe. My first thought was loch ness monster, but ya,I see swan also.

Nice Mod by the way.Hard to believe it was engineered the way it was from the factory. Sheesh.

2013 Raptor 310ts Toy Hauler
2017 Dodge Ram 6.7l CTD DRW Laramie Longhorn
2008 FLHTC Harley.

Harleydodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:01 PM   #16
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Attachment 17070
Attachment 17072
Attachment 17071

Mission accomplished! The fitting mentioned on the previously did the trick! So happy to be able to open and close the outdoor kitchen without taking the faucet off! Granted, I️t looks a bit like a swan when out but I will take it!
You know, I think it looks pretty cool.....and, we like swans as well Plus, it accomplished the goal!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:24 PM   #17
pitman44

Very nice. Just be careful lifting on that spout now. There's quite of bit of leverage on it and it's all connected to plastic threads on the faucet.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:18 PM   #18
KSH

That's awesome. I'm ordering it. Thanks
Old 06-19-2018, 08:21 PM   #19
KSH

Anyone notice this:

These fittings contain lead and are not allowed by federal law to be installed for potable water use in the U.S.A. and its territories.

Under features and detail.

Is this a deal breaker?
Old 06-19-2018, 08:23 PM   #20
KSH

This looks like the same thing, correct? https://www.amazon.com/Brass-Fitting...a_1_fkmrnull_1

Tags
sink