Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2018, 05:59 AM   #1
firemedic1560

New Alpine 3701FL

My wife and I are looking at the Alpine 3701FL. What options do you all feel are mandatory, nice to have, or you can live without? I'm trying to find a balance between low maintenance, reasonable cost, and maximizing our time while on vacation.
I really like the look of the all paint units, but don't know if the upcharge is worth the extra money. I can find the non-painted units everywhere. The one I found with paint in stock is $15k more, at least at asking price. We live in South Florida and the camper will be stored outside all year. We cannot put it under an awning or anything like that due to setback requirements. so it will be in full sun.
Anything else we should order from the factory if we decide to go that route? We don't have an Alpine dealer close to us, so it's at least 3 hours to go see one. We will get one chance to get it right if we order, so we want to make sure we get it as close as we can. Thank you!
firemedic1560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:46 AM   #2
Fishsizzle

I’m sure there are more qualified to respond than myself, but we just purchased a new Alpine and love it.

I can’t spesk about full body paint. Anything you buy will need waxed a few times a year. There are obviously better paint manufacturers than others. Napa even has its own paint (Martin Seymour?)

Only thing not worth getting to me is dishwasher. I’ll be taking mine out and making storage out of the space.

I would have like dual pane windows, but they custom order, I’ve never seen them on a dealer trailer. Condensation if you live full time some have said.

Other than above, not sure that there are s whole lot of other options you could be (generator maybe)
2020 F350 Crew DRW 6.7, 4x4, 10 sod auto, 4:10 gears
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:21 AM   #3
captcolour

Can't think of any options. I know when we looked at similar floor plans, was told by dealers that on some models, you can't make both sofas into beds at the same time. But information on here suggests they can be adjusted to both extend. Just might want to clarify if important for you.
captcolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:23 AM   #4
RV Driver Ed

I have a new alpine on order, the list price for the paint is $9,292.00. I paid $8,500 for that option. I hope it looks as nice as it sounds, Arctic Sky. Expect delivery in about a month.

2013 F150 Crew Cab, to go shopping and site seeing for now, how do you start one of those go fund me pages? #Ed's New Truck, Ha, Ha.
RV Driver Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 09:27 AM   #5
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcolour View Post
Can't think of any options. I know when we looked at similar floor plans, was told by dealers that on some models, you can't make both sofas into beds at the same time. But information on here suggests they can be adjusted to both extend. Just might want to clarify if important for you.

I have the dual pane windows. The gen prep would be a good option if you have enough cargo capacity. I’ve decided against it and will carry a generator in the truck if needed. Mine is a 2019 3651RL.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:45 PM   #6
Jonnyjuno

Ac

Is it worth adding the second air conditioning unit or does one cool it sufficiently I’m looking at purchasing a 2019 3700 FL and living in it. It’s hot in the summer in southern Cali so I want to be sure it will stay cool
Also anyone heard about the warranty for Montana’s that living in the trailer does not void warranty does alpine have that too?
Jonnyjuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:25 PM   #7
travelin texans

ABSOLUTELY get 2 air conditioners, in a 5th wheel that size 1 would NEVER keep you cool in Florida or any where else it gets above 85 degrees. If it's an option have one of the acs a heat pump also, works great down to about 35-40 degrees before the furnace kicks in. Also the dual pane windows are a must have if in hot or cold climates.
We've had both painted & non, the painted is automotive paint with clear coat just like your tow vehicle, keep it washed & waxed just like your tow vehicle & will look good for a long time.
We fulltime in ours & ordered it with the Paykel Fishel dishwasher, DW says when she has another house she'll have 2 of the same stacked in it, it works fantastic.
An onboard generator is a great option if planning to be off grid a lot, otherwise a smaller one to charge batteries occasionally would be sufficient. Since fulltiming we like all the conveniences of home with water, sewer & 50 amp electric, NO boondocking.
As for living fulltime & voiding the warranty, don't volunteer that information, as far as your dealer & insurance agent need to know you're on an extended vacation.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:33 PM   #8
Jonnyjuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
ABSOLUTELY get 2 air conditioners, in a 5th wheel that size 1 would NEVER keep you cool in Florida or any where else it gets above 85 degrees. If it's an option have one of the acs a heat pump also, works great down to about 35-40 degrees before the furnace kicks in. Also the dual pane windows are a must have if in hot or cold climates.
We've had both painted & non, the painted is automotive paint with clear coat just like your tow vehicle, keep it washed & waxed just like your tow vehicle & will look good for a long time.
We fulltime in ours & ordered it with the Paykel Fishel dishwasher, DW says when she has another house she'll have 2 of the same stacked in it, it works fantastic.
An onboard generator is a great option if planning to be off grid a lot, otherwise a smaller one to charge batteries occasionally would be sufficient. Since fulltiming we like all the conveniences of home with water, sewer & 50 amp electric, NO boondocking.
As for living fulltime & voiding the warranty, don't volunteer that information, as far as your dealer & insurance agent need to know you're on an extended vacation.
Thank you for the words of wisdom I looked into the trailer further it has the new quiet cool system and 2 15000btu ac units one. Heat pump definitely ordering with dual pane windows that’s also top of the list and I’m happy to hear a dishwasher is an option that had us worried a bit
Old 08-17-2018, 04:05 PM   #9
Jonnyjuno

Ceramic coatings for automotive paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedic1560 View Post
My wife and I are looking at the Alpine 3701FL. What options do you all feel are mandatory, nice to have, or you can live without? I'm trying to find a balance between low maintenance, reasonable cost, and maximizing our time while on vacation.
I really like the look of the all paint units, but don't know if the upcharge is worth the extra money. I can find the non-painted units everywhere. The one I found with paint in stock is $15k more, at least at asking price. We live in South Florida and the camper will be stored outside all year. We cannot put it under an awning or anything like that due to setback requirements. so it will be in full sun.
Anything else we should order from the factory if we decide to go that route? We don't have an Alpine dealer close to us, so it's at least 3 hours to go see one. We will get one chance to get it right if we order, so we want to make sure we get it as close as we can. Thank you!
If you go with paint option find a detailer that does ceramic pro coatings and see if that’s a possibility they carry a lifetime warranty on their silver coating package it’s like a lifetime wax job
Old 09-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #10
Wmeili

I’m pretty sure all alpines have two air conditioners standard the only option on ours was the generator prep I believe ours is a 2017 3500 rl had it for 6 months now and only small problems overall very happy with it in the later 2018 they have done way with the dishwasher
Wmeili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:38 AM   #11
bsmith0404

All Alpines come standard with two 15k ACs and whisper air. The heat pump is also standard. Personally, I wouldn’t add gen prep or an onboard gen, most get used very little and are not worth the $7,000 price tag. You can get two small 30 amp inverter type gens and a parallel kit for under 2500, plus those use regular gas that u can fill from a 5 gal gas can be using your LP. As for full body paint, they look great, love mine, but it’s a $9000 cost that will not get you anything extra for trade in value down the road, so if you get it, be prepared for that. Dual pane windows are a debated subject, personal opinion is they aren’t worth the expense you pay for them. They aren’t gas filled so it’s just a second pane of glass. Both sofas donpull out into a bed (trip fold) There are t really many options on the Alpine. I think the biggest consideration is getting the 3700 or 3701. The difference is RV or residential refrigerator. If you get the residential, make sure the dealer adds the second battery. One is dedicated to the refrigerator. Some dealers will try to just install one battery.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:31 PM   #12
Old Mustanger

Our dealer actually installed 4 batteries in ours, 2 for the residential fridge and 2 for the rest of the DC circuits.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:23 PM   #13
chubasdad

If you haven’t already purchased your Alpine, here are a few things to think of that are simple yet can be frustrating. We have a 2013 3450, we love our trailer, but have made some improvements that we think the new units must have. You know those big beautiful lights on the ceiling in the kitchen/dinning
table area, well in order to turn them on you must go to the hallway central panel to turn them on, there should be a closer switch, in that area. You know that Fantasic Fan way up in the arch of the kitchen ceiling, you need a step ladder or some kind of pole to turn it on, it should come with a remote. Most of the trailers have a Island or wrap around sink/counter, you’ll need more than one 120/plug , have one or two more installed, You know your Entertainment Center, several things to know, do you have enough 120/outlets to connect everything, think about it, also if you have satellite TV are you sure you receiver (geni) etc will function behind a glass cabinet, also on many trailers were do you put a DVR,DVD player, behind some cabinet, well remotes don’t work very well, also your bedroom TV, were do you also put a 2nd receiver, DVD player ? Most trailers don’t even consider that, mind doesn’t, we had to
be very creative and build a small 2nd shelf. Does the stove have a backsplash,
wiping grease etc can be a pain. In many forum discussions you can read about loud A/C’s request a Whisper Unit with a heat pump and one very irritating thing for us was we occasionally like to take a nap, hot day no breeze running the bedroom A/C was impossible with the A/C duct 3ft from you, we requested a Fantastic Fan w/remote be installed, dealer was hesitating because didn’t to put another hole in the roof! We insisted, WOW! what a difference. So these are some small things some large we have done over a few years to make our R/V useage more enjoyable , I’m sure others will add to it, especially TIRES, you will see lots of input on tires, never never take your trailer off the lot with tires from China never never. Good Luck!
chubasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:51 PM   #14
firestation12

Give me a call on a Thursday or Saturday and I'll share with you all Ive learned about my 2019 Alpine 3700FL in the past 2 months of full time RV'ing.
PM me, I'll send you my number to call.(EST)
Retired Fire Capt/paramedic 34 yrs
Current owner 2 HVAC companies
Past owner Res/Com electrical
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:46 PM   #15
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestation12 View Post
Give me a call on a Thursday or Saturday and I'll share with you all Ive learned about my 2019 Alpine 3700FL in the past 2 months of full time RV'ing.
PM me. (EST)

The OP posted his question almost a year ago. You’ll have to ask if he’s been on since.

Just FYI, I would PM your number in the future. According to moderators here, bots patrol and mine info 24/7.
2020 F350 Crew DRW 6.7, 4x4, 10 sod auto, 4:10 gears
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:46 AM   #16
MamaMarigold

New owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestation12 View Post
PM me, I'll send you my number to call.(EST)
We just bought a 2019 3700FL. I’d love as much info as you are willing to offer! We’ve had some terrible issue with the installation of all of the kitchen drawers. The back of the rails aren’t secured. 🤦*♀️
MamaMarigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:59 PM   #17
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubasdad View Post
If you haven’t already purchased your Alpine, here are a few things to think of that are simple yet can be frustrating. We have a 2013 3450, we love our trailer, but have made some improvements that we think the new units must have. You know those big beautiful lights on the ceiling in the kitchen/dinning

table area, well in order to turn them on you must go to the hallway central panel to turn them on, there should be a closer switch, in that area. You know that Fantasic Fan way up in the arch of the kitchen ceiling, you need a step ladder or some kind of pole to turn it on, it should come with a remote. Most of the trailers have a Island or wrap around sink/counter, you’ll need more than one 120/plug , have one or two more installed, You know your Entertainment Center, several things to know, do you have enough 120/outlets to connect everything, think about it, also if you have satellite TV are you sure you receiver (geni) etc will function behind a glass cabinet, also on many trailers were do you put a DVR,DVD player, behind some cabinet, well remotes don’t work very well, also your bedroom TV, were do you also put a 2nd receiver, DVD player ? Most trailers don’t even consider that, mind doesn’t, we had to

be very creative and build a small 2nd shelf. Does the stove have a backsplash,

wiping grease etc can be a pain. In many forum discussions you can read about loud A/C’s request a Whisper Unit with a heat pump and one very irritating thing for us was we occasionally like to take a nap, hot day no breeze running the bedroom A/C was impossible with the A/C duct 3ft from you, we requested a Fantastic Fan w/remote be installed, dealer was hesitating because didn’t to put another hole in the roof! We insisted, WOW! what a difference. So these are some small things some large we have done over a few years to make our R/V useage more enjoyable , I’m sure others will add to it, especially TIRES, you will see lots of input on tires, never never take your trailer off the lot with tires from China never never. Good Luck!

Keystone is putting G rated14 ply Tires on the Alpines. The brand name is Provider and they get good reviews on the Alpine Owners FB page. Our fantastic fan has a normal switch in a cabinet to turn it on.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine