Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Recalls
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2019, 08:09 AM   #41
MarkEHansen

Is this where you purchased the trailer? Just have them call Keystone - it's a warranty issue. If they won't help, call Keystone directly and ask for their help.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:24 AM   #42
tschott

It is where I purchased the trailer... I will probably have to contact Keystone myself. I reported this problem to them in November 2018. They had no idea what my 2019 Cougar 29BHS had for components on it. Had no clue on what to tell me to check other than voltage. I got all the information on this problem and solution form this forum.
Does any body have a phone number for Keystone? You can PM me.
tschott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:25 AM   #43
MarkEHansen

Just go to their web site: keystonerv.com
Old 04-26-2019, 08:30 AM   #44
wobly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschott View Post
I also have a 29BHS with the same problem. Anything under 40 degrees no fan will turn on (AC or furnace). I turn on the burners on the stove for a few minutes and the furnace will fire up and run properly.
I talked to CW and they say they have never heard a thing about this...... I really have a hard time believing that they have had nobody report this in Minnesota. ??? Also, they want to charge me for parts and labor on a NEW never been used trailer.
Somebody is looking to make a few extra bucks. The dealer here wanted to play games with me and drag their feet. They even told me that they contacted Keystone and Keystone denied the problem. I called Keystone
at (866) 425-4369 and the CSR said "I can see in the system that they started a warranty claim, but they haven't finished it in the system yet. Once they do that, we will send the parts out to them.". Keystone wouldn't send the parts directly to me. Of course, I called the dealer back and "miraculously" they were able to get the gateway ordered.

They installed the gateway last week along with the Capital Grill recall. But, I told them about a third problem with the furnace not igniting at all. They missed that part of the work order and I had to prove to the Service Tech that it wouldn't work when I went to pick it up. Turns out that the control board went out on it, too, so that is being replaced under warranty.
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:22 PM   #45
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post
unless they can reproduce it, they can't do anything about it. I said they are not likely to reproduce it, as it's just not getting that co[ld] around here these days (Sacramento, CA). I didn't think I should have to prove that it fails by taking a camping trip to a cold location only to find that I have no heat and have to cut the trip short.

The owner of the dealership stopped by and said they can run the air conditioner in the trailer overnight - to get the temp in the cabin real cold and then try to run the furnace. Hmmm, I wonder if this will work.
Anybody else who has a dealer who suggests this, tell him right off that this will never work, by definition. The furnace side of the thermostat won't accept a setting of 100°+, where the A/C would fail to start; and the A/C side of the thermostat won't accept a setting of 40°-, where the furnace would fail to start.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:38 PM   #46
chuckster57
Site Team

Very common for me to run the AC to get the interior of the unit cool enough to operate the furnace, and in the winter it’s common for me to run the furnace to warm it up enough to operate the AC.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:44 PM   #47
LHaven

Sure, but... the furnace isn't going to get the coach up to 100° and the A/C isn't going to get it down to 40°... and you can't exhibit the gateway unit failure unless you exceed that range.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:26 AM   #48
chuckster57
Site Team

I forgot this is an “in command” issue. Starting to be happy we don’t deal with that system, enough troubles dealing with ASA and their radios.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #49
LHaven

Not sure inCommand is needed to trigger this issue, unless the Dometic gateway that causes the problem isn't present on non-inCommand units. I understood these gateways were also used for traditional thermostat setups.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:50 PM   #50
wobly

The gateways might be used in traditional thermostat setups, but I know that specifically, the issue for this is tied to a new version of the gateway instead of what was installed from the factory.
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:42 PM   #51
ChuckS

The AC and Furnace on systems using CCC2 digital thermostat ... non In Command also use the CANBUS to communicate .... ALL inputs must go thru Zone 1 AC electronic control module. The furnace is tied into Zone 1 ECM to receive its signals across the CANBUS from the thermostat.

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:51 AM   #52
Rall01

I'm going to buy the raptor 423, i guess i need to talk with the dealer before i close the deal, thank you everybody for your help.
Rall01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 03:39 PM   #53
ptooti

in-command unit

How would I know if I have this thermostat? is there a way to identify it? Thanks in advance

Current : 2018 Passport Elite 19RB
Past 2015 R-Pod 179
6,000 Equalizer WDH
2009 F150 Lariat 5.4l
ptooti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:02 AM   #54
Old soldier
Gone Traveling

Our 2018 Montana HC 31re furnace had a brain cramp in Texas our first trip. Furnace would kick in-off-on-off. 32 degrees outside, so we turned on the fireplace. Called a mobile tech who found Keystone used a resetting 12v fuse. They don’t work well anyhow, but too much heat and drain so close to the fuse. I popped in a standard 12v faze and it worked flawlessly. For a while. Tech eventually swapped out the entire panel (not the converter). No issues after that. Came across a family with a brand new 40+ footer....no electrics worked. They sorta slept in the closed kitchen that night and left the next morning. Keystone has too many construction/quality control issues for me. After owning a KZ, I’m aware any company will have problems. After restoring a 1964 Fireball Meteor, I’m confident I can work on many things in campers. But electronics and electricals can be daunting! The Keystone TV lash up is totally screwed up. Couldn’t get/hold a Dishnetwork signal. Turned out Keystone used splitters....something that will not, can not work. Now have dedicated lines directly from the two TV in terminals to two of the three TVs (why anyone wants three TVs escapes me.. ..why they need one in the belly is laughable). Our dealer, Camping world in Marshfield, MO ate roughly $2,400.00 fixing all that plus other items. A dealers shouldn’t be “the last ten feet” of an assembly line as one dealer put it! Montanas aren’t extremely expensive, but they cost too much for the headaches we receive after pickup. Fewer issues with our Cougar.
Old soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:34 PM   #55
HeadShed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old soldier View Post
Our 2018 Montana HC 31re furnace had a brain cramp in Texas our first trip. Furnace would kick in-off-on-off. 32 degrees outside, so we turned on the fireplace. Called a mobile tech who found Keystone used a resetting 12v fuse. They don’t work well anyhow, but too much heat and drain so close to the fuse. I popped in a standard 12v faze and it worked flawlessly. For a while. Tech eventually swapped out the entire panel (not the converter). No issues after that. Came across a family with a brand new 40+ footer....no electrics worked. They sorta slept in the closed kitchen that night and left the next morning. Keystone has too many construction/quality control issues for me. After owning a KZ, I’m aware any company will have problems. After restoring a 1964 Fireball Meteor, I’m confident I can work on many things in campers. But electronics and electricals can be daunting! The Keystone TV lash up is totally screwed up. Couldn’t get/hold a Dishnetwork signal. Turned out Keystone used splitters....something that will not, can not work. Now have dedicated lines directly from the two TV in terminals to two of the three TVs (why anyone wants three TVs escapes me.. ..why they need one in the belly is laughable). Our dealer, Camping world in Marshfield, MO ate roughly $2,400.00 fixing all that plus other items. A dealers shouldn’t be “the last ten feet” of an assembly line as one dealer put it! Montanas aren’t extremely expensive, but they cost too much for the headaches we receive after pickup. Fewer issues with our Cougar.

On off on off on furnance can be from the propane tank being too cold. Vapor pressure is too low to sustain lit furnance.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:33 PM   #56
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadShed View Post
On off on off on furnance can be from the propane tank being too cold. Vapor pressure is too low to sustain lit furnance.

That made me curious. How do you remedy that situation? An electric blanket?
Old 12-06-2019, 06:29 PM   #57
HeadShed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
That made me curious. How do you remedy that situation? An electric blanket?

Heat source for the tanks. Optimally in a built enclosure;

Options:
Heat cord
Fish tank mat

If you have a heated underbelly you can build a small air conduit to an enclosure on your tanks
Old 12-09-2019, 02:28 PM   #58
Rdynbama

We have a 2019 Raptor 356 toy hauler with the N command system
I can’t find an icon on it for the furnace
It’s going back to the dealer on the 17th of this month with a host of other issues
I’m gonna add this to the list!😒

2011 F450 Lariat
Anderson Ultimate Hitch
Rdynbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:29 PM   #59
LHaven

The furnace and air conditioner both show up under "HVAC."
Old 12-09-2019, 02:31 PM   #60
Rdynbama

I went to HVAC but could only find the three AC’ s
Nothing for the furnace

2011 F450 Lariat