Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2017, 05:56 AM   #1
mike7431

No water pressure in bathroom sink

I just picked up my Laredo 325RL 3 weeks ago. First trip out. Everything goes fine until I go to clear our the winterized water lines. I don't have very much if any water pressure coming from the sink in the bathroom. It's only the sink, I have pressure in the bathroom shower, kitchen sink, and the out door faucet. I have checked the water lines under the sink and they look to be straight. I've tried to unscrew the small screen coming from the faucet and it seems to not come want to come out.
The pressure is just barely a very very small stream coming from either hot or cold side.
I am hooked up to city water at this time. I have not Reyes the fresh water tank yet.
Before I go in under the camper belly and pull the panel to check the water lines. Not sure if I will even be able to see anything. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?
mike7431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:05 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If your faucet is the OEM one, there is a removable screen on the faucet. Chances are that it's obstructed. You might want to use a pair of pliers to get a better grip and remove the strainer to clean the screen. That's probably your issue. GOOD LUCK !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:54 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
If your faucet is the OEM one, there is a removable screen on the faucet. Chances are that it's obstructed. You might want to use a pair of pliers to get a better grip and remove the strainer to clean the screen. That's probably your issue. GOOD LUCK !!!

Seems like the bathroom faucet is the favorite gathering place for trash.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:26 AM   #4
mike7431

Problem solved. As you were saying I did take the screen or should I say screens. There were 5 screens stacked on top of each other. I also cleaned out the white piece of plastic. I will call it a diffuser of sorts. All works fine now.
Do you think in. Need all (5) screens?
Thanks for all help.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:36 AM   #5
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Good Job !!

Have to store spares somewhere
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:30 AM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7431 View Post
Problem solved. As you were saying I did take the screen or should I say screens. There were 5 screens stacked on top of each other. I also cleaned out the white piece of plastic. I will call it a diffuser of sorts. All works fine now.
Do you think in. Need all (5) screens?
Thanks for all help.
The "white piece of plastic" limits (restricts) the volume of water that can flow from the faucet.( a good thing if dry camping or in water restriction areas.)
The screens aerate the water and catch debris as you have found out. Faucet manufacturers use different aerators to give the appearance of more water and to create less splash. If it came with five screens more than likely it has been tested to work best with that number. (Unless it was made on a Monday or Friday) Your choice, but if it is working fine now ..... I would leave all the screens in. JM2˘, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:18 PM   #7
BuxCamper

You probably only need one or two screens. I checked the aerator on my new Bullet's kitchen faucet for debris and I think it had 2 screens. You can try different numbers to find what works for you.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I used a multi-billion dollar government satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree!

2017 Bullet 248RKS towed by a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L V8 W/ AFM
BuxCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:39 PM   #8
Jay Pat

Next time (if you didn't do it this time), put drain stopper in down/closed position before you take apart the screen. Just in case you drop parts, you won't loose them down the drain.
Pat
Jay Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:04 PM   #9
mike7431

Jay, Thanks I did do that. I saw that problem before it could happen.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:18 PM   #10
johnsoa2

Wow! You were a lifesaver! We are on Rv #3; so used to de-winterizering. This is a new unit; bought it in the fall...so we were perplexed when we had water pressure in every faucet except the bathroom sink..your post was spot on! We took apart the screen and all sorts of blue shavings from the plumbing line had clogged the screen, Thank you!!
Cougar25RES
johnsoa2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sink, water, water pressure