Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
BlindGuyNAR

New member. Just picked up 2013 346LBQ

Hey folks glad to be part of the forum.

my wife and i just picked up a 2013 346lbq. TV is 2012 F350 CC SRW KR 6.7, load level bags with wireless air adjustment, B&W turnoverball & B&W 5th wheel hitch.

This is our first 5er. Towing home we bounced a bit on the transitions on bridges, but otherwise ride was good. Ran 70psi in bags. Once when semi passed trailer whipped a slight bit. We where going 65mph so likely overspeed was the issue. Fords built in sway control never detected it, but we felt it very slightly.

We had to lock out 6th gear in the hills, but truck held 5th gear on all hills after that. 13.7 mpg over the 115 mile trip home.

The specs on pin weight weight were way off! Unloaded with hitch installed drive axle is ~3240 and with empty trailer it was ~5830! So the specs said 2250 pin, but it's closer ~2600 pin. Has second AC so maybe that's part of it.

Execpt for one propane tank being empty, a door catch needing adjusted, and the entry door latchs being a bear to open it's trouble free so far. Fingers crossed

Planning to hit the driveway campground this weekend. I ordered up maxair vents x4 and a vortex fan for front bath since it wasn't a power vent. The other three are power already.

Working to get a Honda eu6500is to power it. I have to make a box the same size as the genny and do some backup tuning to ensure it won't hit front cap when placed in bed in front of hitch. I do a few weeks a year where genny is the only power avail so I really hope it fits.

Speaking of turning I seem to not need a slider with my SB with the max turn cap on the 5er. I was going to go with B&W slider when they release it in apr, but don't think I'll need it.

I think the next truck will need training wheels though. DW will wait on her washer/dryer combo as that is located directly above hitch and those dudes are heavy.

Anyway I wish it had the gen 2 easy remote, but it appears that was no longer offered starting either this year or last.

See you guys on the road and in the camp grounds.
BlindGuyNAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
rclark

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have had a little experience with RV's. Hope all goes well with the new one. We feel pretty lucky so far no problems and we have been snow-birding in our new Alpine for about a month and an half. Enjoy!!!

2007 Chevy 3500 Dually Duramax Allison
2013 Keystone Alpine 3555rl, Onan 5500, Directv Dish
2004 Everest 364Q
2005 Larado Bunk House TT
2004 Komfort TT
1973 Kenskill TT
rclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
rconkin

Congratulations and you will love this floor plan. We bought ours last May and enjoyed it a lot last summer and anxiously waiting for our first trip on March 22 this year. We went from a front bunkhouse layout and this one is great with two kids 9 and 7. I did add a tv to the loft area hooked up as an auxillary to the one it came with so whoever was in the loft could watch the same program as the other in the bunk. I was really surprised by the pin weight. I had no idea it was that heavy since I haven't weighed ours. We also have the second AC. Fully loaded it still doesn't put my truck on the overload springs. The only problem from the beginning was the door into the bunkroom swing. We have the optional sleeper sofa in there and with the bed out you could not get into or out of the bunkroom so I took the door off and reversed the swing into the living room. Ours is at the dealer right now where they fixed the lp hose to the kitchen slide that was kinking and cutting off the gas supply with the slide in and they are still working on the remote which worked the landing gear intermittently, everything esle worked fine with the remote. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we have enjoyed ours.

16 KZ Durango 2500 D349BHQ
rconkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #4
BlindGuyNAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rconkin View Post
Congratulations and you will love this floor plan. We bought ours last May and enjoyed it a lot last summer and anxiously waiting for our first trip on March 22 this year. We went from a front bunkhouse layout and this one is great with two kids 9 and 7. I did add a tv to the loft area hooked up as an auxillary to the one it came with so whoever was in the loft could watch the same program as the other in the bunk. I was really surprised by the pin weight. I had no idea it was that heavy since I haven't weighed ours. We also have the second AC. Fully loaded it still doesn't put my truck on the overload springs. The only problem from the beginning was the door into the bunkroom swing. We have the optional sleeper sofa in there and with the bed out you could not get into or out of the bunkroom so I took the door off and reversed the swing into the living room. Ours is at the dealer right now where they fixed the lp hose to the kitchen slide that was kinking and cutting off the gas supply with the slide in and they are still working on the remote which worked the landing gear intermittently, everything esle worked fine with the remote. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we have enjoyed ours.
So your 2013 has the remote? Maybe I need to ask my dealer about where my remote is since mine is 2013 as well?
Old 03-02-2013, 07:09 AM   #5
michael

Our 2012 has a remote to, just waiting for the snow to disapear so we can get the 346lbq out again.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
V10 Engine, axle 4:10 ratio
8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #6
rconkin

Yes ours has the remote with the analog controller. We took delivery on May 13th, so I would guess it was one of the first 13's built. Look in the front compartment, the smaller door where the battery is, our receiver is mounted there.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
gmctodd

We are looking at this model as well. The one on the 2013 on the dealer lot has it and we were told an ordered unit would have it as well.
2007 Cruiser 32BL-SOLD
gmctodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
BlindGuyNAR

According to keystone that option was discontinued. Vin#'s below a point have it and after do not.

Early build date will have, but later dates don't.

The new ones aren't wired so you can't buy a remote and make it work.

They told me I was better off without cause they discontinued due to major issues.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #9
rconkin

They replaced the circuit board on the receiver and it worked fine at the dealer. As soon as I got home, it was working intermittently again. I can usually move the remote and get it to work and it only happens with the landing gear. I hope they moved the control for the stabilizers to the rear as it is hard to see them from the front.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #10
BlindGuyNAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rconkin View Post
They replaced the circuit board on the receiver and it worked fine at the dealer. As soon as I got home, it was working intermittently again. I can usually move the remote and get it to work and it only happens with the landing gear. I hope they moved the control for the stabilizers to the rear as it is hard to see them from the front.
Nope it is still in front. I have to just kinda hear for the motor bogging down to know they are down.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #11
jlarocca

I've only used my unit twice and the remote was a pain. I just go inside and press the buttons. I can see why they discontinued it. Mine wouldn't reach unless I was standing near the front.
jlarocca is offline   Reply With Quote