Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
justlkn

Doing my shake down cruise!

Just bought an Avalanche 341TG and have had it parked in the yard for the last 3 weeks since I brought her home. Finally got the chance to get her out for her shake down and so far she has performed flawlessly!! Tried to use every possible thing I could think of to make sure all is well. Wife tested the smoke detectors! ..lol. Anyway I am pleased with the RV and hope to use her way more often!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flamingo Lake.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	2134  

2016 3500HD Silverado Duramax LTZ
2012 Keystone Avalanche 341TG (Sold)
justlkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Bob Landry

Check your drawer glide supports. Keystone assembled them with 1/8" luan and staples and that will be the first thing to go. Rebuild them using 1/4" or 1/2" plywood, glue and screws and they'll stay together for a long time.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
beer breath

Down in FL you probably won't need the furnace but it may be a good idea to light that off. It will also make the smoke detector go off because of the oil they put on the heat exchanger at the factory to inhibit rust.

Congrats!

-Matt
2013 Sydney 340FBH
beer breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
x96mnn

Not many better feeling then getting what you paid for. Congrats and here is to many nights/years of enjoyment!
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:24 AM   #5
TomHaycraft

x2 on running the furnace, first time out, fire it up at mid-day! End of October, DW and I had the trailer out, first good cool nights in central Texas this year. I was setting up outside after getting there, I hear what sounds like a smoke alarm. I was right, it was ours! I'll bet it took 20 minutes of fanning that thing, all winds open before the air cleared enough to enjoy the warm the furnace was putting out!

Smoke alarm worked! Check that one off my list.
TomHaycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:45 AM   #6
Keeper

Congrats on your new 5er. We have the Avalanche 290RL and love it. If all goes well, we plan on keeping ours for many enjoyable years. Good luck with yours and enjoy.
Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
Bigsky3625

Congrats! Hope all goes well and you enjoy many safe journeys!
One Wife

Bigsky3625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #8
justlkn

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer breath View Post
Down in FL you probably won't need the furnace but it may be a good idea to light that off. It will also make the smoke detector go off because of the oil they put on the heat exchanger at the factory to inhibit rust.

Congrats!
One would think! But it was in the low 50's so had to run it. 3 girls in there...lol. Heater worked great too. So far just a few sticky locks on the slam doors but other than that she performed flawlessly!

2016 3500HD Silverado Duramax LTZ
2012 Keystone Avalanche 341TG (Sold)
justlkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:59 AM   #9
beer breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlkn View Post
One would think! But it was in the low 50's so had to run it. 3 girls in there...lol. Heater worked great too. So far just a few sticky locks on the slam doors but other than that she performed flawlessly!
Our slam locks were the same way on one of the doors. I thought it was the wrong key. A little WD-40 and all is well.

-Matt
2013 Sydney 340FBH
beer breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #10
jlarocca

Glad to hear...we just did our shakedown cruise on our 2013 346LBQ and found several issues. Nothing that sent us home early but irritating none the less. Keystone forgot to put heater vents in our front upper bedroom/bathroom. So when it got down to 33 degrees the kids were burning up while my wife and I froze. Their was supposed to be a heat pump or "optional heat" added to our A/C unit up front but it apparently wasn't. I pulled the cover to check and the module for the heat was not in there. My front door sticks so bad I'm pretty much the only one that can open it. My wife and kids can't. I missed that in the PDI because we kept it latched open the whole time and didn't close it until we were pulling out of the parking lot. Lastly...they put my rear bedroom door on backwards. It opens in and to the right so if you open up the lower bed you can't open the door. Gotta take it back this week to get all this taken care of. Get to see if CW service is as outstanding as the sales guy made it sound...
jlarocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #11
rvhammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlkn View Post
Just bought an Avalanche 341TG and have had it parked in the yard for the last 3 weeks since I brought her home. Finally got the chance to get her out for her shake down and so far she has performed flawlessly!! Tried to use every possible thing I could think of to make sure all is well. Wife tested the smoke detectors! ..lol. Anyway I am pleased with the RV and hope to use her way more often!
We didn't do a shakedown in ours, just a shake-in for a weekend. We too were able to find things that need warrantee attention but the experience was great!

RVHammer
2012 Keystone Alpine 3495FL
2012 F350 6.7 DRW
rvhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #12
curlyfungirl

Enjoy and welcome aboard!
Superlow Sportster
Heritage Softail Springer
2009-2012 VRI
curlyfungirl is offline   Reply With Quote