Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #21
turbopilot51

Update:

We found out that the water leak was caused by a "loose fitting" between the hose attachment and the black tank. One would think this would have been noticed at the PDI when "everything" was checked for proper operation. I was assured that there was NO water damage and everything looked fine. The dealer even pressure tested the flush for about fifteen minuets. I was told that we have the cleanest black tank around. We will keep an eye on things and keep copies of the tech's repair report. Best part is no cost to me! ! I was told that my concern about the digital thermostat and heat pump was valid. There are new parts on order from Dometic.
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:54 AM   #22
mikell

They are still having problems with the thermostat?
Old 04-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #23
turbopilot51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikell View Post
They are still having problems with the thermostat?
There is an issue with the outdoor air temp sensor and some control boards for the heat pump. New parts are on order from Dometic and should be here in a week or two. The furnace still works which is what we need in the soggy Northwest right now!
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #24
Festus2
Site Team

All's Well that Ends Well

The OP's problem with the leak has been found and repaired. New replacement parts enroute for the thermostat and heat pump. Sounds like a happy ending - especially since there was no cost involved.

On that happy note ..... thread is now closed.
Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions about a leak fix to the OP.

Closed Thread