Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #1
CampJKL

LCD Mount in 324RLB Master

The 324RLB has a cable/electrical outlet on the cieling in the master bedroom near the bathroom wall. During our PDI we asked the tech about mounting an LCD TV mount nearby. He was honest and not sure about the proper location of re-enforced areas of the walls.

Wife wants to get it right so we don't punch a hole in the wrong place. Does or have any of you installed a mount in a simular model of 5'er? Otherwise I might head back to the dealer for them to install.

Thanks!
CampJKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
Handysam

If you can locate the studs in the outside wall, it shouldn't be a problem. Typically a good "stud finder" should help. Although I'm kinda surprised it didn't come with the mount already on the wall.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

If you are looking to mount on an outside wall .... spray the outside with cold water and you will be able to see the outline of the metal studs. Measure to a known location that shares in and out (window frame or vent) .... transfer those measurements inside for studs. My studs did not line up where I wanted to mount the tv so I put a piece of plywood over two studs to give a strong mounting where I wanted it. Covered the plywood to match interior and mounted flex-mount. I secure it for travel with Velcro straps.

I have also seen some models with stickers on the interior wall saying "Mount TV here" I am assuming yours did not come with this sticker.

Hope this helps, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
CampJKL

Hey thanks Sam and Hank. No, there was no "mount here" sticker like I've seen in others... Odd
Old 06-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
caberto

We have the same unit... and I have been wondering the same thing.

It does have a shelf in that corner to perhaps place a TV on it... but that means disconnecting and putting the TV away and setting it back up every trip.

I'm thinking the stud should run along vertically where the shelf brackets are mounted to. I'll have to check, but I guess we've been in no great hurry to put a TV in there... just been wondering about that from time to time.
caberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
sgrol

Smile

Just signed the papers on the 324 RLB today. Noticed the brochure shows the foldable shelf but the 2012 unit doesn't have the shelf but does have an extra sliding door to the bathroom. If you find a good way to mount the tv/mount please post. I asked the salesman and he looked at me like a puzzled squirrel.
Hankpage, liked your mount and may fab the same if you haven't patented it.
sgrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
CampJKL

caberto... Now that's funny...2010 HAS a shelf, but the 2012 does not??? (Any 2011's out there...Ha.) So how is it holding up after 2 years?

sgrol... We LOVE ours...with only about 400 miles and 4 days of camping. Hopefully we'll get a LCD up soon and post.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:02 AM   #8
CampJKL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handysam View Post
If you can locate the studs in the outside wall, it shouldn't be a problem. Typically a good "stud finder" should help. Although I'm kinda surprised it didn't come with the mount already on the wall.
I finally called Keystone... That was their advice! Thanks to all. And once I decide to do it, I'll post the results.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #9
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrol View Post
Hankpage, liked your mount and may fab the same if you haven't patented it.
Actually "The Bedroom Mount"© Has several patents pending. The only royalties I request is one bottle of Lone Star if I ever pass through Magnolia. Cheers, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #10
RonVal

I just mounted a 32" in the bedroom of my 273ret. It had a mount for a 24" or less already mounted on the stud. I removed that and replaced it with the same type mount but sized for the 32. Worked out great. Don't have any pics yet. I was really able to feel where the studs where in the wall also but mine has aluminum studs in it. Got the mount from monoprice.com.
RonVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #11
CampJKL

Just now catching up on threads... Took it to the dealer and for a few bucks had them attach a mount to the stud in the bedroom and one in the basement. Works great. (and if something got messed up it was on them)