Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2016, 06:01 PM   #1
IA Farmer

Winterizing 330RBK

This is our first year with our 2015 330RBK and I went to winterize it today and to my surprise they don't make it very easy. After finding the pump behind two panels in the front storage area I realized it doesn't appear to be setup to suck antifreeze through it. To really be sure i will have to crawl in the storage area which also doesn't make any sense to me. Does anyone know if I am missing something or why a $40k plus rv doesn't come prepped for winterizing? Thanks for the help. And just to clarify there is not a port on the water panel by the city water hook up.
IA Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:51 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Re: Winterizing 330RBK

Maybe you come work next to me for a month. Then the senseless things done at the factory will make sense LOL.

Your probably not missing anything, unless there is a valve handle in the convenience center.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:17 AM   #3
PineForestCamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA Farmer View Post
This is our first year with our 2015 330RBK and I went to winterize it today and to my surprise they don't make it very easy. After finding the pump behind two panels in the front storage area I realized it doesn't appear to be setup to suck antifreeze through it. To really be sure i will have to crawl in the storage area which also doesn't make any sense to me. Does anyone know if I am missing something or why a $40k plus rv doesn't come prepped for winterizing? Thanks for the help. And just to clarify there is not a port on the water panel by the city water hook up.
We just purchased a 2016 Outback 250URS in early October and we found out that its not really setup for antifreeze winterizing. A couple of weeks ago I blew it out with air and yesterday we went in and did some modifications to allow antifreeze. We bought some ball valves at Menards (for entry and exit of water heater) and used part of a Camco kit that blocks antifreeze from going back into the fresh tank and allows me to do the antifreeze from inside the camper. The work took most of the day but by days end the camper was full of antifreeze and ready for easy winterization next season. I owned a rockwood made by forest river previous to this. That RV was setup and ready to go with easy access to the pump. I was surprised that this had such difficult access and was really only ready for air. Access is under the couch and blocked by hoses. I could have poured antifreeze into the fresh tank and did the job that way. However, I would still have had to fill the hot water heater and thats a huge waste. If you are unable to do the mods as we did thats gotta be frustrating. The funny thing is after doing the job I looked at everything and realized that they could have did what we did with little to no extra added cost to them. This just hasnt been thought thru by the people at keystone.
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:08 PM   #4
mets721

I just did my 327RES. The Flojet pump needs quick connects. Go to Amazon and order Flojet 20381-009 Quad Port Fittings. They are 1/2" with barbs. Go to the store and get some 1/2" clear tubing. I did 6'. When the disconnects come, put your clear hose on one end and then disconnect your water tank feed hose from the pump. You do this by pushing the "blue button" out and then you can easily pull the tank hose out and fit your quad port connection in. Lock it in my pushing the blue button back in. Then winterize as usual by sticking the tube into the antifreeze. When done, just disconnect your tube and reconnect the tank hose. I left the quick connect hose that I made up behind the wall for use next year. I also went to Lowes and bought two 6"x9" access panels. I traced them out and used a jig saw to cut holes in my panels and then used construction adhesive to secure the access panels to the basement panels. Next year I just need to open the access panels to get to the water pump and the hot water bypass. They cost $11 each. The Flojet quad port disconnects were about $7 for two of them.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:15 PM   #5
IA Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets721 View Post
I just did my 327RES. The Flojet pump needs quick connects. Go to Amazon and order Flojet 20381-009 Quad Port Fittings. They are 1/2" with barbs. Go to the store and get some 1/2" clear tubing. I did 6'. When the disconnects come, put your clear hose on one end and then disconnect your water tank feed hose from the pump. You do this by pushing the "blue button" out and then you can easily pull the tank hose out and fit your quad port connection in. Lock it in my pushing the blue button back in. Then winterize as usual by sticking the tube into the antifreeze. When done, just disconnect your tube and reconnect the tank hose. I left the quick connect hose that I made up behind the wall for use next year. I also went to Lowes and bought two 6"x9" access panels. I traced them out and used a jig saw to cut holes in my panels and then used construction adhesive to secure the access panels to the basement panels. Next year I just need to open the access panels to get to the water pump and the hot water bypass. They cost $11 each. The Flojet quad port disconnects were about $7 for two of them.
Thats a great idea, and seems like the easiest option. I just ordered the parts from amazon. Thanks again.
IA Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:17 AM   #6
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA Farmer View Post
Thats a great idea, and seems like the easiest option. I just ordered the parts from amazon.
I did too. My Bullet's water pump is located next to the bed inside the bedside table. I will fabricate a 'convenient' access panel (hinges, handle, lock) in the table's front wall next to the bed as the current top panel is anchored down with 6 screws, 2 of which are almost inaccessible. I'm also going to sound proof the compartment with sound-deadening material and/or carpet. Nothing like waking up to an active water pump in the middle of the night as your son flushes the toilet.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote