Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2016, 07:47 AM   #41
Campntwins

Our Dometic RM1350 4 door has had issues on and off with varying temperatures. Every time it went in for service at the dealership, no problems would show.

Two weeks ago, it began not working at all on electric. Would get an EO error but would work on propane. Back into service. At first, they thought it was the mother board but it wasn't. They removed the underbelly to track wiring and found that there was no neutral. Placed neutral and installed new mother board and it is working fine..today.

Additional mods we are installing this weekend while camping, in hopes of frig success:
1. Adding ARP unit.
2. Adding two fans to back of frig in slide area.
3. Adding an automatic frig fire extinguisher behind frig in slide area.

We'll see how it goes.
Texas Aggies - Gig'em

Campntwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:54 AM   #42
Dave W

Back to flopping fenders - a box each of #8 truss head 18-8 stainless steel machine screws, nuts and serrated lock washers from McMaster-Carr and a half hour of my time fixed all but three. Those three were under the HW heater and needed some #10 SS, 3/4" self tapping screws. I bought 3/4" machine screws but either 1/2 or 5/8 inch length will also work. I really don't care if they aren't Robertson drive or black. They will work just fine

As far as hanging out in the breeze - they sure do

Screws = http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/122/3041/=12gtpmr

Nuts = http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/122/3200/=12gtpww

Washers = http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/122/3255/=12gtqe3

Reefers - our Norcold 1200 4 door works just fine (so far)
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:39 AM   #43
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campntwins View Post
Our Dometic RM1350 4 door has had issues on and off with varying temperatures. Every time it went in for service at the dealership, no problems would show.

Two weeks ago, it began not working at all on electric. Would get an EO error but would work on propane. Back into service. At first, they thought it was the mother board but it wasn't. They removed the underbelly to track wiring and found that there was no neutral. Placed neutral and installed new mother board and it is working fine..today.

Additional mods we are installing this weekend while camping, in hopes of frig success:
1. Adding ARP unit.
2. Adding two fans to back of frig in slide area.
3. Adding an automatic frig fire extinguisher behind frig in slide area.

We'll see how it goes.
Please tell me more about an ARP unit and where you are adding fans. Heck tell us about the fire extinguisher too.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:56 PM   #44
denverpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Please tell me more about an ARP unit and where you are adding fans. Heck tell us about the fire extinguisher too.

Google found...

ARP unit:
https://www.arprv.com

Fans and controls for them appear to be an option for the ARP:
https://www.arprv.com/rv-fridge-fan.php

RV fridge fire extinguisher:
http://rvcoolingunit.com/SS-30-Halon...-P1872263.aspx

And an article about the fridge fire extinguishers:
http://www.jackdanmayer.com/Files/Ne...e%20Safety.doc
Old 05-19-2016, 03:07 AM   #45
Dave W

Are you adding the ARP unit yourself? I have one waiting for our Norcold 1200 but have been doing other things to the 5er along with the S&B spring maintenance. The ARP installation, owner's and troubleshooting 'manuals' are quite possibly the worst I have seen - and I've been doing complicated wiring for years.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:27 AM   #46
Campntwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Thanks Denverpilot for posting the links to info on the ARP and fire extinguishers.

We researched all the info we could find on the ARP system, viewed a youtube on it and then called Paul Unmack who invented the ARP system. He is very helpful and accessible. You will read pros, cons and teasing about the ARP. To us, it's an additional safety step.

We went with Fireade 2000 fire extinguishers in the RV and a larger Amerex fire extinguisher in the truck. After purchasing the Fireade 2000, I read that fire extinguishers with plastic tubing may have the tubing separate from the nozzle, due to rattling, so may replace. Our goal is suppress the fire enough to get out of the RV.
Texas Aggies - Gig'em

Old 05-19-2016, 11:31 AM   #47
Campntwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
Are you adding the ARP unit yourself? I have one waiting for our Norcold 1200 but have been doing other things to the 5er along with the S&B spring maintenance. The ARP installation, owner's and troubleshooting 'manuals' are quite possibly the worst I have seen - and I've been doing complicated wiring for years.
We camp with an electrician who is helping us. We watched the ARP Youtube, read and reread the instructions, emailed Paul Unmack, the inventor who has responded to every email and has called to discuss. Hopefully, we can get it done. Will know on Saturday and will post next week.
Texas Aggies - Gig'em