Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #21
KyCamper

We have a 2012 Alpine 3450RL......and really like it. The only thing we really gave up in this unit was the linen closet that we had in our Outback Sydney 321FRL. Solved that problem by buying a canvas, hanging 6 shelf sweater organizer that could be converted into a side by side 3 shelf unit....got it at Bed,Bath & Beyond. We hung the organizer in the closet area where the washer/dryer hookup is located.....just roll your towels up and place them on the shelves. IMO there is not enough linen storage in the bathroom area of this unit. Customer service at Keystone can be good or bad....depending on what you are asking them. Our best advice is to ask a question on this forum and you'll get a lot of good answers and just go from there. Also, if you camp someplace where there is someone with another Alpine, go up introduce yourself, and see what they have to say. You get a lot of good information from other owners who by trial and error have figured things out for themselves and are willing to share info....the manuals are pretty generic and not much help.
KyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #22
SQLShaw

Hi Bruce,

We love it......

There are a few minor things that we were not expecting.

We did not plan for 2 drains for the black and gray. Its not a big deal justed needed a Y

The fridge is louder than other rigs.

The Air Mattress we had, lasted 2 days, if that. I am about ready to create a new post on that.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #23
alpine 1

alpine is the best

we have a2012 350re and had no problems set's up in no time and pulls like a dream fridge Gert's cold in 3-4 hr and all the pluming is grate we fined it to be the one for us keystone did a grate job on the alpine
Old 07-12-2012, 05:03 AM   #24
KyCamper

I have to agree..our refrig on the 3450RL is really noisy and takes a long time to cool down. Also, access to the second grey tank back behind the wheels is difficult to get to when the slide is in and you go to dump. The service center where we bought the RV said they could add an access door on the side where you can get to the lever a little more easy....for a nominal charge...less than $100 for parts and labor. This is a design flaw that Keystone needs to address in future models. Wouldn't it be nice if they PAID to have it modified on units already sold?
KyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #25
smitty082261

I will have to look at this, did not notice it when I was walking it down. We take delivery this coming Tuesday and really looking forward to getting it. It took a lot of negotiating to get a decent price.
smitty082261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #26
Outbackmel

Refer cooling SLOW

Yes, it is SLOOOOOOOW. Once you have that thing on gas, electric or automatic; DO NOT OPEN THE DOORS FOR A MINIMUM OF 8 HOURS. I learned this the hard way. Wife kept opening the door ever hour or so "is it cool yet?" set us back 2-3 hours each time.

Our RV is only 1 year old and we had it serviced. Since I left it at the dealership, we emptied the refer/freezer and defrosted. Took sooooo long to re cool, I became concerned and called the RV dealership. They told me highly unlikely any refer issue, just takes what seems forever when you have all your food packed and iced in coolers on a 100 degree day!

We finally went to the store, bought MORE ICE ( about the same cost as diesel fuel ) went to bed and said the heck with it. Next morning, refer ice cold and working properly.

Patience seems to be the key. Unfortunately, we have little of that.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #27
SQLShaw

I agree with the Fridge Outback Mel. But all the rigs I have owned, have been like that.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:05 AM   #28
Philip and Candy

Sad but true! We puchased a 2014 Alpine 3535RL and yup no maintenance manual. Just came with the manual that tells you thinks like what a "black tank" is.....big help! We bought little stickers that we could write on to label the switches....
Philip and Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:11 PM   #29
frankyb01

We have a 2011 3540RL. We live in it full time and absolutely love it. Concurr on the uselessness of the owners manual. Figuring out where all the switches were and what they did was like being on a scavenger hunt. The only reason I knew that I had a second gray water tank for the kitchen was because there was a third guage in the control panel so I got curious and went hunting. They sure don't make it obvious where it is. Aside from that, the only major issue I have had so far was getting the air conditioner to work properly. Original owner bought it new and had it delivered to him by dealer. Left it stored in his driveway for two years then decided he wasn't going to use it and put it up for sale. Consequently I'm uncovering all the nit-noy issues that would normally have gotten sent back to the dealer. The problem with the air conditioning was typical poor workmanship at the factory. Initially I wasn't getting any cold air. The only thing separating the output air and return air halfs of the air ducting under the A/C was a single piece of HVAC tape, and the air pressure folded it over so that the air was circulating directly back to the evaporator and freezing it up. I fixed that by adding a lot more tape which got me some cooling air but the air flow out of the ceiling vents was almost non existant. The I went to replace a light bulb in one of the ceiling fixures and found I had more air flow coming from the light fixture than I did out of the vents. I ended up removing the A/C unit from the roof to gain access to the entire airbox and found absolutely nothing was sealed. I spent about an hour and almost a complete roll of HVAC tape taping and sealing everycorner, edge, and joint. I also placed a thin piece of solid foam insulation in the bottom which has stopped the condensation problem I was having on the ceiling inside the camper directly underneath the A/C. Now I have lots of air flow from the ceiling vents like I would expect, and none coming out of the light fixtures. I agree with some of the other posts I've read lately. Keystone should pay us for the hours we spend fixing there screw-ups.
frankyb01 is offline   Reply With Quote