Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
Aquasea

Laredo 302 BH or Montana High Country 338 DB

With all the looking and research we have done, we are leaning towards the Laredo 302 bunkhouse or the Montana 338 BH. Any owners of either of these that can tell me best and worst of each would be so appreciated! Third choice is the only Bunk fifth wheel in our town - the Mountaineer 346 - we love it too, but wondering if it is too large to find space for in campgrounds in the West. Thx!!
Aquasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
Dhuhn

We have a montana high country but not the bunkhouse, we really love it. It's been a good 5er overall I would recommend it. I'm not familier with the Laredo.

2016 Montana 3720RL
2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duromax :

previous
2012 Montana High Country 313RE
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duromax
2010 Palimino Bronco
2005 Chevy Silverado CC 1500
Dhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
suza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquasea View Post
With all the looking and research we have done, we are leaning towards the Laredo 302 bunkhouse or the Montana 338 BH. Any owners of either of these that can tell me best and worst of each would be so appreciated! Third choice is the only Bunk fifth wheel in our town - the Mountaineer 346 - we love it too, but wondering if it is too large to find space for in campgrounds in the West. Thx!!
You might be right to worry about finding spots for the 346 "out West". In our experience, we find it difficult to find larger spots, even for our 279RKS. Seems many of the campgrounds are set up for tent camping with just enough space for a pickup. 40-50' spaces are few and far between and often already reserved. Check out some of the places you think you might want to visit and see what you think.
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg
suza is offline   Reply With Quote