Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2016, 10:00 AM   #1
msubobcats

Our 9 days on the road

We parked back at the house yesterday after nine days out.
We learned, or should I say Patti learned, that we probably could do ok if we were on the road for an extended amount. The first several days in Colusa we found out the temperatures that we would try to avoid. The 107*-105* temps were not enjoyable. The ac and the fridges struggled but overall we did enjoy the time. Our Grandchildren loved "going camplig"...We stayed at the Fairgrounds and had all the necessary services.
Then our stay in Vacaville was much more comfortable. We parked at the Midway RV Park. Both the Vacaville parks are small and tight but comfy. The first day in Vacaville was warm but from there the cooler breezes from three Pacific wandered in and made it very comfy. We hit two nearby wineries, Matchbook and Turkovich. I am a beer snob, CRAFT BEERS only, but those two wineries were outstanding. Visited friends and ate lots of great food...
NOW for the 5th Wheel. Performed well and thanks to knowledge from the site learned a bit more about its workings.
Found out our water heater seems to only be gas operated.Opened the outside panel and saw no switches. Not real happy about that. When we picked up the 5th Wheel they had told us that both propane tanks would be full. They forgot one. Not a disaster.
NOW FOR MY SCREW UP. I had raised the batwing to see if we might pick up anything. Nope. But when I lowered the antennaI did not lower it to the spot where it snaps in. Now I will be replacing our antenna. VERY TICKED at my boo-boo, VERY. Oh well.
That is our trek .
8.1 / Allison / Long bed / Crew Cab
2016 Keystone Cougar 284RDB
GOOOOO MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY BOBCATS
msubobcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

In regards to your HW tank, there may be a wall-mounted switch for electric operation adjacent to the switch for propane. We don't but do have a switch right at the heater. Open the exterior door and look at the bottom left-hand corner. You might find a small, black rocker OFF/ON switch which may or may not have a cotter pin inserted. The rocker switch isn't that easy to spot and is partially hidden behind a tube. This is the switch that we use for electric operation of the HW heater.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:18 AM   #3
slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
In regards to your HW tank, there may be a wall-mounted switch for electric operation adjacent to the switch for propane. We don't but do have a switch right at the heater. Open the exterior door and look at the bottom left-hand corner. You might find a small, black rocker OFF/ON switch which may or may not have a cotter pin inserted. The rocker switch isn't that easy to spot and is partially hidden behind a tube. This is the switch that we use for electric operation of the HW heater.
There may also be a 120V breaker in the panel for the HW heater.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:38 AM   #4
msubobcats

Well, trying to attach pictures.
Dead center of the picture is the elusive rocker switch for my HW heater... Right behind what I will call the ignitor... And I am having no luck attaching a picture. My phone and are not compatible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160707_120957.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	10851  
8.1 / Allison / Long bed / Crew Cab
2016 Keystone Cougar 284RDB
GOOOOO MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY BOBCATS
msubobcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:01 PM   #5
notanlines

Rick, not to worry. Your antenna company offers all injured parts online at a reasonable price. Can you tell I have been there, done that?
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote