Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2011, 05:03 AM   #1
Bankerbob

Smile retirement day one

Well, retirement is here and day one on the road with our Outback RLS27 was uneventful. Gas mileage pulling the unit with the quad in the back with my 350 Ford diesel was impressive. Looking forward to the next 9 months travelling Canada and the US. Will check back on this site when we get where there is wireless service. Going to be a combination of boondocking and full service sites. No timetable so that alone will take some getting used to! Should be a hoot!
Bankerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankerbob View Post
Well, retirement is here and day one on the road with our Outback RLS27 was uneventful. Gas mileage pulling the unit with the quad in the back with my 350 Ford diesel was impressive. Looking forward to the next 9 months travelling Canada and the US. Will check back on this site when we get where there is wireless service. Going to be a combination of boondocking and full service sites. No timetable so that alone will take some getting used to! Should be a hoot!
Does this mean you will be changing you user name to "RetiredBob"? I'm jealous. Enjoy, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:48 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

We made that "plunge" 2 years ago. I was afraid of what the future (without employment) could bring, but optimistic with the opportunity to finally do what I wanted as opposed to what the schedule demanded.... It seems I've been so busy I sometimes wonder how I ever had 8 hours a day to work ???? LOL

Short assessment of the past 2 years: It's been wonderful !!!!

Advice: Look forward, don't worry about looking back, life is good and whatever problems do arise will seem like small "roadbumps" in a year. Enjoy your retirement, IT's GONNA BE GREAT !!!!!

John

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
jramsey

Congratulations Bankerbob! I hope you and yours have many years of safe and happy travleing!

Fir Na Tine
Ora et labora
2011 Cougar high country 299 RKS
2014 GMC 2500 HD 6.6 L Duramax
jramsey is offline   Reply With Quote