Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #1
soaringDude

Roof damage

This past weekend I installed a couple of solar panels on my 2016 Bullet I bought last August. While I was going up and down the ladder to do the installation noticed there are some cracks/cuts in the rubber roof coating:

I didn't notice any other damage anywhere. Is this covered under warranty? Or should I just put some dicor sealant/tape on these and call it the day? This is my first TT and I am not really familiar with what is real damage to be concerned with and what is just regular/semi-regular maintenance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
soaringDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:08 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Since it should still be under the factory warranty, I would make an appointment with your selling dealer as soon as possible. Have them document the issue including photos.
After that, you could use eternabond tape and Dicor on the edges of the tape.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:11 PM   #3
soaringDude

Thanks for the quick response. Does it have to be the selling dealer? The trailer is up in the mountains right now over 200 miles from the selling dealer but I can easily take it to a dealer in Reno and get them to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Since it should still be under the factory warranty, I would make an appointment with your selling dealer as soon as possible. Have them document the issue including photos.
After that, you could use eternabond tape and Dicor on the edges of the tape.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:15 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

RV industry isn't like the auto industry, dealers don't have to service a unit sold by another dealer, and some don't even service what they sell.

You can call a dealer close to where the trailer is, but now that we are in prime camping season, don't be surprised if you hear "no". We aren't making any service appointments for non buyers before Sept/Oct right now.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:19 PM   #5
soaringDude

I guess I have so much to learn about this new world! Thanks for the advise. I will call around and see if I can get a local dealer to do this as well as the AC recall that came out a while ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
RV industry isn't like the auto industry, dealers don't have to service a unit sold by another dealer, and some don't even service what they sell.

You can call a dealer close to where the trailer is, but now that we are in prime camping season, don't be surprised if you hear "no". We aren't making any service appointments for non buyers before Sept/Oct right now.

Tags
damage, roof