Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2017, 09:51 AM   #1
littleking

Springdale 295RBSSR Water Damage in outdoor kitchen

We keep getting more and more water damage in the outdoor kitchen. We've taken the camper to the dealer and they said it was defrost cycle on the refrigerator causing the issue since the camper is plugged in nearly 100% of the time during the summer in our driveway. We started turning off the outdoor kitchen fridge, propping the fridge door open with a towel and ensuring that everything is defrosted and dry prior to closing the outdoor kitchen door.

Well, we're still getting water damage and I cannot for the life of me figure out where it is coming from. I've closed the door and hosed the door down and it does not get inside.

Any thoughts on additional sources of this water coming inside?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6385.JPG
Views:	449
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	13128   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6386.JPG
Views:	595
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	13129   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6387.JPG
Views:	454
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	13130  
littleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:21 AM   #2
Double b

I see ur problem in last pic. It the screws in hatch opening. They are not sealed with dicor.

Had same problem with ours. Ended up rotting the floor in the kitchen.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1126.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	13131Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1126.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	13131Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1127.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	13132

A little dab of sealant on each screw will solve problem. If under warranty have the fix the floor before sealing.

Also a couple screws thru the flange to those brackets will fix them from tearing off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Double b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:24 PM   #3
littleking

they wouldn't cover under warranty, blamed it on the fridge. I've added a dab of sealant
littleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:24 PM   #4
slow

Please post a picture of the top frame/hinge.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:39 AM   #5
Double b

Recently I have noticed on our 2014 Laredo that there is a second source of water. It is the fridge.

We sealed the frame screws at the bottom, but noticed this summer that every time we moved campgrounds we would have water on top of the counter top. It appears there is two reservoirs of water with the fridges that come in the outdoor kitchens. There is a drip tray inside under the cooling element/freezer that fills up and spills inside the fridge when traveling. There is also a drain tube at the back of the bottom fridge that drains to a drip pan under the fridge.

We started placing a towel inside the fridge along the bottom, and one around the base outside of the fridge.

There is not a lot of water from both sources, say about 1/2 to a cup of water, but it is enough to start the counter top to start expanding at the edging strip due to moisture.

Do not know how to fix the drain, but I now think the mildew smell is form the drain/drip tray under the fridge.

Anyone have this same issue?
Old 08-22-2017, 04:52 AM   #6
Yamatime

We are having the same problem with our Laredo. I didn't notice the water until we traveled with the fridge turned on. I will try the towel trick.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Yamatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:11 PM   #7
bill-e

Any way to extend the drain tube to the sink if you have one?

2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
2015 Cougar 26RBI
bill-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:53 PM   #8
Double b

I removed the fridge last night. There is no drain pan or drain tube. The hole that looks like a drain is actual a false drain. Just spray foam insulation at the bottom. All the water is from the top tray.

So no way to drain to sink.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:28 PM   #9
Yamatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double b View Post
I removed the fridge last night. There is no drain pan or drain tube. The hole that looks like a drain is actual a false drain. Just spray foam insulation at the bottom. All the water is from the top tray.

So no way to drain to sink.

So what I found out today was this.... We always plug in the camper the day before we go to get the main fridge cold. This also cools the outside fridge because I'm plugged in to shore power. However, when we leave the outside fridge isn't getting power, then warms up and the ice/frost melts. All that water is caught in the top tray inside. It splashes out and spills out because the door opens a little sometimes. I put towels around it this time, which soaked up all the water. So I think that's gonna have to be the fix for me for now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Yamatime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage, springdale, water, water damage