Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2018, 04:57 PM   #1
EDM

Where is my antenna booster? (305RL)

We just got a 2018 Montana High Country 305RL. I can’t figure out how to get my antenna TV to work. I do the “auto scan” and it doesn’t find any channels...even in an urban setting. I called Camping World and they said to find a small button that is the antenna booster. I can’t find one anywhere. Does anyone have a 305RL that could help? I’d love to watch some TV and am frustrated that I can’t figure it out. Thanks!!
EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:12 PM   #2
tech740

If you follow the coax cable from the tv back to the wall, there should be a button on the plastic plate it screws into.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:34 PM   #3
Vet4jdc

Try the bedroom coax hookup where it goes in the outlet too. Sometimes the button for the booster is at the bedroom TV.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:35 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Typically it looks like this photo. It will be connected to one of the TV's by the coax cable. Which TV? That's a question I can't answer for your floorplan. Some are in the bedroom, some are in the main cabin, some are buried in a closet, hidden from view. Anyway, this is what it should look like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV ANTENNA BOOSTER.jpg
Views:	1622
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	18097   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV ANTENNA BOOSTER3.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	18098   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV ANTENNA BOOSTER2.jpg
Views:	714
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	18099  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:11 PM   #5
EDM

Found it!

Thank you all so much. I found it behind the bedroom TV. I had been looking all around the living room TV.

One more TV question...I am now able to do the auto scan on the living room TV and watch shows perfectly. I went into the bedroom to set up my Furrion set there, I hit menu on the remote and I see the icons for Pucture, Sound, Time, Setup, Lock, and Channel. When I try to scroll over to Channel, it just jumps back to Pucture. I can’t find the auto scan on that TV. I also couldn’t find it in the Setup screen. Any suggestions?
EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:22 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

I can't help you with the Furrion TV setup menu. I've never had one, and from the feedback that I've seen, I wouldn't buy one. Have you contacted Furrion Customer Support? They have an online presence as well as a phone support system. Maybe they can help you "undo the mystery"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:30 AM   #7
Frederick

my Apine has it n the bed room above the bedroom TV
Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:05 AM   #8
ChuckS

Go to page 29 of this manual. You will need to select OTA or TV antenna or some verbiage such as that and do an auto scan.

Also if you hook up to park cable you will need to turn that tv antenna booster off, go back into menu on tv, select cable tv, and a new auto scan.

https://www.furrion.com/store/attach...c4e486ee0b62a0

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:16 AM   #9
FlyingAroundRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Thank you all so much. I found it behind the bedroom TV. I had been looking all around the living room TV.

One more TV question...I am now able to do the auto scan on the living room TV and watch shows perfectly. I went into the bedroom to set up my Furrion set there, I hit menu on the remote and I see the icons for Pucture, Sound, Time, Setup, Lock, and Channel. When I try to scroll over to Channel, it just jumps back to Pucture. I can’t find the auto scan on that TV. I also couldn’t find it in the Setup screen. Any suggestions?
Access to the channel scan is governed by the input source mode. If you have the TV on video or one of the HDMI inputs, the channel scan is not accessible.
ALSO
If the TV is set for "TV" for the source, also check that the type of source is set to "TV" and not "Cable" or your channel scan will come up blank. The reverse is also true if you're connected to "Cable" from the CG pedestal.
Aske me how I found THIS out...
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna