Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2018, 07:56 PM   #1
Ramit

Wink Picked up my 2019 Keystone Impact 332

This is my first Toy Hauler I bought, And that I ordered to be built how I wanted it.

I ordered it with the 2 Ducted Air Conditioners.
But they can't figure out how to make the Ducted A/C work.

Ramp Patio 2.0 with Steps, but they have NO idea where the steps are, you have to jump off the back, or climb up. Brochure shows steps and says Steps come with the package but NO steps. Waiting on a final" resolution
"
Only other issue is it has 3 of the same tires and 1 off tire, same load range just different brand and tread pattern. No idea.
Has 1 switch by door no one knows what it does, was told they put switches in that do nothing. -OK

Also was told they don't include the sewer hose that's extra.

Was told Spare tire is extra but we found it after 5 minutes of searching, under the TT.
Might be all common things that happen.

https://youtu.be/D0QuS6bzIe4

Hopefully the video works.
Again first RV so I called something what they weren't.
The dealer worked out a good price on the unit, we were satisfied with the price vs Ordered options.
Ramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:30 AM   #2
shinobu8

Congrats! Our impact was our first toy hauler too, but we got ours used, a 2016. Every switch by the door should do something. I had the same question at first. One of the light switches seemed to do nothing. But it was for the LED light strip on the awning. Awning must be fully extended to see it.

Is there another mystery switch?
shinobu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:58 AM   #3
Ramit

Its by the kitchen area, this weekend I'll go through it more.

Also trying to upload a 4 minute video to my You-tube not the best video but a video at that of how it looks, I have not been able to find a 2019 with all the features we have.

Even though 2018 and 2019 the only difference is the year designation.

Hopefully keystone comes through and gives us the steps, jumping off the back isn't safe or fun, decent height on the toy deck.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:15 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

This is all "speculation" but may answer some of your "where and why" questions:

The ramp patio steps may not have been placed in the unit at the end of the assembly line. All the accessories such as the grill, grill mount, grill accessory pack (it ships separately from the grill for some reason), power cord, remote control package, TV and base (the TV is placed on a wall mount and the OEM base is usually placed in a drawer or cabinet) are put into the trailer at the end of the line. Each of those items, as their parts are installed, the rest of the contents of the box are put in a big bin at the end that has the VIN for the trailer. Once it's built, everything in that big bin goes into the trailer, usually on the floor in the room with the largest carpeted area.

Chances are the steps didn't get put in that bin, but laid beside it and missed at the end of the assembly line.

Usually there are 4 "G rated" tires mounted on the aluminum wheels and the spare is a "E rated" tire on a steel wheel. There may have been a blowout during transportation to the dealer and the spare was used. If so, once at the dealership (or even along the route) someone (transport driver or dealer) may have purchased a replacement tire for the blown one ?????? In any situation, you should be entitled to a "matching set" of tires. Check the spare to see what's under the cover. Chances are it's been on the ground and is "used" If so, it may explain why you have mis-matched tires.

You got correct information on the sewer hose. Usually the dealership "gifts" you with a starter package that has a cheap sewer hose, water hose, fittings, toilet paper sample pack and chemical kit with tank deodorant. Those are not supplied by Keystone, but most dealerships give you one "to get started".....

Hope this helps explain some of the possibilities. As I said, it's speculation and may not be accurate, but is a guess on what happened.

As for the extra switch, if it's on the control panel, it may not be connected to anything. Panels are generic and used on a number of units. If it's a "wall mounted switch" then it's connected to something. Keystone doesn't cut holes in the wall and install "dead switches" in the paneling. Pull it out, you'll likely find wires connected to it. Pop it back in and keep looking for something that works when you turn it on. Possibly some light fixture with a loose or blown bulb ????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:20 PM   #5
Ramit

Angry 2019 Keystone Impact 332 Issues less than day old

Keystone emailed me back and said they don't see that option for stairs.

Their brochure, that I downloaded in February and again last night both have the patio package we ordered that included stairs, actually boasts about them.

They blamed the dealer the dealer blamed them.

They said bring it into a different dealer to fix the AC. So looks like I will be going to Campers World, but we're going to use it at least once, took them 2 months to build this we would like to get one weekend out of it.

I didn't complain about the build time because we wanted it right, We said take your time get it right.

Have not even had this 24 hours yet.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:30 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Get your contract that shows the options you paid for..including the stairs. If that option is there, and you have no stairs, it is the dealer that needs to get them from Keystone. He sold you the trailer, ordered what you wanted AND was supposed to go over it assuring that it was all there and working prior to the delivery to you. I wouldn't take it to another dealer for that issue. If they are incapable of fixing the AC problem you might take it elsewhere but the selling dealer needs to get those stairs. Don't worry with the sales person; go straight to the sales manager and then the owner/GM. You should not have to go through hoops to get what you paid for.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:29 PM   #7
mikz86ta

JRTJH has it right for most your answers.
I believe that the stairs are standard with that deck system. It's part of the stability and locking system for the sides/deck. No reason they don't come with it. Even the manufacturer of the deck system shows them on video and e-brocure.
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:01 PM   #8
DOWva

Congrats and good luck I'm sure you and the family will enjoy

Doug & Diane * Richmond,VA
2014 Keystone Cougar
M-315 High Country 5th Wheel
2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 392 Hemi

AirLifts
DOWva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 03:28 AM   #9
Tinner12002

Congrats on your new hauler and good luck with your issues.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 03:44 AM   #10
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

I have the Impact 312 which is the old designation for your trailer. Great unit. I'm glad to help but you may need some pictures of what you're asking.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:45 PM   #11
Ramit

2019 Keystone Impact 332

On the contract, it states the patio system, it doesn't stipulate the stairs as they said it comes with that system, and the literature clearly states that, it doesn't even look like the one I ordered for it. Looks like a generic one.

[URL="https://www.keystonerv.com/toy-haulers/impact/features-options/"]

https://www.keystonerv.com/toy-haule...loorplans/332/

So they could get swirly and not give them to me even though the brochure and the sales man clearly said about the patio system and the great features.

All comes down to the integrity of the dealer and the Manufacture.

Basically after the sale they can careless.

I called another dealer who is going to do the warranty work on our 2 day old unit and connect the duct work for the A/C, that's 3 weeks away before they can get me in.
Also said they would do the PDI that should have been done, as the place we bought it, should have noticed these things plus others which I can live with, but its brand new I shouldn't have these issues.

The purchasing dealer said I had to bring it back as they needed Keystone to agree to the warranty work

I would think since it didn't work on delivery they could have fixed it without the warranty but for the PDI- or even warranty, its only hours old

A/C is important, the bedroom and bathroom's are like an oven.

The brake wires are hanging close to the ground laying on the tire, I zip tied them away from the tire

I know when I looked for one of these I seen very few videos, I will post many to my you tube channels, hopefully all positive, but that is up to the dealer and manufacture.

Scuffs suck but I didn't complain about little things, little scuffs, scratches, little imperfections, different tires, ghost light for a switch. crooked shaky TV.

I think the Blue OX sway-pro 1500 distribution hitch might need adjusting from their install, my truck has a bit of a sag.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fast Track Patio System  2.0.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	16759   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20180531_173710.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	309.0 KB
ID:	16760  
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2018, 04:03 PM   #12
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramit View Post
I think the Blue OX sway-pro 1500 distribution hitch might need adjusting from their install, my truck has a bit of a sag.
Yep, that's a lot of sag. Do you have a leveling kit on the truck? Looks lifted. If so, you'll be hard pressed to get the rear up without airbags. Leveling and heavy tongue weights aren't a pleasant match. Nice trailer though! Congrats.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 04:58 PM   #13
sourdough
Site Team

The setup on the hitch/truck looks WAY out of whack.

As was mentioned, if you have a lift, depending on what kind (full lift/new springs etc. etc.), it probably compromised your towing ability. As OEM what is the payload on that truck....2400-2500 (look at the door placard)? You can probably decrease that by at least 10% due to the lift. Next, look at the tongue weight on that trailer and the gvw; 14k gvw; tongue weight 1560 minimum (will be more like 1800-2000 fully loaded).

From what I see in the pic the WDH hasn't even been set up. Look at the bars; hanging down as if they are transferring no weight. But, when they are set up properly you are going to be overloaded by anyway by everything I can surmise.

The fix? Get a different trailer or bigger truck! You need a VERY good WDH/sway control; I know nothing about the Blue Ox but do know the Equalizers are excellent....and you will need an excellent hitch with that setup.

I know the stairs seem like a big deal at the moment, but, to me, the trailer/truck combo and how it's setup up looks like a bigger concern. It goes to point out that the PDI, by the dealer, and the PDI (walk through) by the owner, to assure that everything is as it should be is paramount in making sure that you have an enjoyable purchase and ownership AND the dealer makes all the difference. Good luck getting it resolved....and I love the pup.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #14
roadglide

Rami you lucky keyston acknowledged you had dead beat dealer . They sound like my dealer holiday world like to sell but knows very little about repair , what going in the garage of your rv ?
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:23 PM   #15
86GT2r

Welcome to the Impact "family" I hope you get your issues straightened out. We have had only a couple of minor issues that our dealer took care of.
---------------------
86GT2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:28 PM   #16
Ramit

Front has the leveling kit installed. 1.5 inches.

Otherwise the truck is stock no actual suspension lift, 35" tires same all around, although as far as height was the same as Factory
Old 06-02-2018, 07:53 PM   #17
Ramit

Definitely not getting a different trailer, that one is now 3 days old, and truck no time soon

That is a much lighter trailer than every dealer tried to sell us.
We stayed below all the recommended ratings

No actual Lift just a leveling kit, Yes my payload is just shy of 2500, I avoided 5th wheels for that very reason.

I may need air bags, but the Dist hitch seems to need adjusting, I contacted equalizer directly and they told me their hitch was not recommended for the max weight rating of the trailer @ 1560 lbs. They max out @ 1400, that's why I went with the OX.

Full loaded has the max tongue weight of 1560, everything is factory so they "should" have the weight correct and we are minus one option.

The sticker on the trailer was actually less than 1560.
I'll check tomorrow and see what it says on there I don't recall right now.

My truck is rated to pull, carry, haul, ccc more, but in no way did I want to come close to or above of Factory recommendations. Just because it can doesn't mean I have to or should

The stairs to me are a big deal being we ordered that particular trailer just for the ramp package or could have saved money otherwise, at this point its more principal.
Tell us before we got it hey we FD up and ordered the wrong package here is a Pizza and coupons for some accessories at our store

The big deal is the A/C issue.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:10 PM   #18
KSH

Possible blown tire and brake lines hanging down. I imagine you checked underneath real well incase there was other damage.
Also I'd take that setup to a scale and see what everything weighs.
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:37 AM   #19
notanlines

I concur with most everything said so far. It would be my opinion that you do have enough truck (not by a lot), however, you will need to lower the ball on your hitch. As Danny and a couple others mentioned, your truck is WAY out of whack level-wise. The company you bought your hitch from (Blue OX) should be able to fix you up on a different hitch with the ball about 6" or so lower than what you have. DO NOT give up on the stair issue. You don't need any coupons, nor do you need any pizza. And as KSH said, look mighty close underneath where the blowout took place and inspect for further damage.
No, you will not look back on this one day and laugh. I hope instead you will take to social media and report your happening, both good and bad, about this dealer. They are surely deserving of your wrath.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:26 AM   #20
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

I'm curious what dealer you got it from. Here's why:
1. Sounds like there was no PDI (pre-delivery inspection) by them or with you. That is unconscionable.
2. They should have a competent service department to get your AC going. It's not rocket science.
3. They should be fighting with Keystone to get the steps or an explanation as to why they are not there. That is their job in all this.
4. If there was a blow out as suspected by comments above, then it is their responsibility to file a claim on it and return it to new condition before it leaves the lot. There is NO way for them to skirt this issue.
5. The lights by the door, if in a series of 3, are left to right, kitchen, bedroom, and awning. The awning has to be out to see them.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ac issues, impact 332 toy hauler, keystone