Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2018, 09:24 AM   #1
PG Sprinter

Anyone ever take a door off an older Sprinter?

Had a look at the door. I need to remove the door in order to get a new hide-a-bed in. With the frame removed, I should be able to shove the new couch through the hole. I only see a couple of screws in the upper exterior of the door and a couple in the jamb where the door latch is. Any ideas?
PG Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:42 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

There should be a whole bunch of screws, look at the molding on each side of the door. Under that trim is most likely a bunch of screws. Once you get them all out you’ll find there should be some sealant tape behind that.

It can be done, but it’s not as simple as you think.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:11 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Without seeing your trailer floorplan and without knowing what size windows you have or where they're located, I'd suspect it would be "safer, simpler and less damaging" to pull a large window in the slide or the opposing wall rather than remove the door. Trying to reinstall a door and get it to close/lock properly is not as easy as it might seem. Reinstalling a window is just a matter of making sure it's closed and locked, apply putty tape and reinsert into the hole, install the inside ring and tighten the screws evenly until the window is seated. Much easier to "get properly aligned" than any door system.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:16 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Without seeing your trailer floorplan and without knowing what size windows you have or where they're located, I'd suspect it would be "safer, simpler and less damaging" to pull a large window in the slide or the opposing wall rather than remove the door. Trying to reinstall a door and get it to close/lock properly is not as easy as it might seem. Reinstalling a window is just a matter of making sure it's closed and locked, apply putty tape and reinsert into the hole, install the inside ring and tighten the screws evenly until the window is seated. Much easier to "get properly aligned" than any door system.
Having done both, I have to agree.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sprinter