Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2018, 04:36 AM   #1
Phdruss

Bedroom TV Mount

I know there are a lot of posts on this issue however I cannot seem to find a specific answer. I have a 2017 Springdale 302FWRK. There is a mounting location sticker. Does anyone know what is behind the sticker? Is it a backer board, a stud, aluminum plate? By the looks of it I am guessing nothing longer then an 1 1/4 screws??
Phdruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:05 AM   #2
CaptnJohn

Could be a backer board or metal. Using a slide type of tv mount I added a 1" board to the wall and the slide at the top in my last 5er. Otherwise adding or removing the tv would be a guessing game. I used 1 1/4 for the board (4) and 2 1/4 (4 more) for the bracket. Over 30,000 miles and held tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:52 AM   #3
AussieCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phdruss View Post
I know there are a lot of posts on this issue however I cannot seem to find a specific answer. I have a 2017 Springdale 302FWRK. There is a mounting location sticker. Does anyone know what is behind the sticker? Is it a backer board, a stud, aluminum plate? By the looks of it I am guessing nothing longer then an 1 1/4 screws??
I have a Hideout 295BHS and mounted a 24" TV in the bedroom.

From experience - I very much doubt that there is a full (floor to roof) stud behind the wall. I found this out the hard way, as I tried to mount vertically higher than where the sticker was (but on the same horizontal) - and there is definitely no stud. I drilled a hole 4" above the sticker, and discovered there is only the 1/8" panel with no backer, hence why I say no wall stud like a traditional house construction.

SO, I would suggest that it's simply a smaller wood backer plate behind that sticker (I say wood as I pre-drilled mount holes, and sawdust came out. Not sure how big the backer plate is exactly, but take my learnings and apply them. I ended up mount 1.5" above the sticker center point, but I wouldn't try and go any higher than that. Ideally, make that sticker the center point of your mount
AussieCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:09 AM   #4
Phdruss

Just a follow up note to conclude my issue:

Obtained a decent stud finder and located a plate behind the decal. Drilled a small hole and discovered it is aluminum. Pushed a 2 inch trim nail through the hole and determined it was just about two inches to the exterior wall, therefore I used 1 1/4 inch screws. Six screws used and mount is securely attached to the wall. The mount I have has a locking tab for traveling to keep the TV from moving.
Phdruss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, tv mount