Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2016, 02:05 PM   #1
syoun10

Replace Kitchen Gray water tank in 2005 Everest (rear kitchen)

I have a (new to me) 2005 Keystone Everest 366I. This model has the kitchen in the rear and has a separate gray water tank just for the kitchen - also in the rear, (of course).

This tank is cracked and leaking, and I need to replace it. Has anybody performed this task? I can't start talking to a repair shop until tomorrow, but in the meantime I'd really welcome any comments on how easy it is likely to be to find a replacement tank, and if it's reasonable to assume I can install it myself.

So far I've just got as far as cutting away a piece of the waterproof membrane so I can see the damage.

Any comments welcome - I'm new to this RV and don't know much about it yet.
syoun10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:19 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Re: Replace Kitchen Gray water tank in 2005 Everest (rear kitchen)

There is a repair kit (patch kit) available for holding tanks. I've not used one, but reports from those who have indicate that they are not particularly difficult to apply and hold very well. So, depending on what damage you find, you might want to consider a repair of the tank rather than a replacement of the tank.

Here's one source: http://www.adventurerv.net/plastic-t...source=Froogle

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:58 PM   #3
Larry1013

Do you have any idea how big of a "crack" it has? Could it be like my fresh water tank where a screw holding the scissor jack rubbed a hole in it? There is one epoxy out there that might help if you have a hole or small area to repair.

Their is one epoxy that might solve your problem. JB Weld makes a Plastic Bonder Epoxy for poly plastic applications.

Plastic Bonder is a quick-setting, two-part, urethane adhesive system that provides strong and lasting repairs and works on thermoset, carbon fiber composites, thermoplastics, coated metals, concrete & more.

http://www.jbweld.com/collections/au...bonder-syringe

This is NOT JB Weld Plastic Weld nor any other JB Weld plastic epoxy product. Make sure it is PLASTIC BONDER.

I used a butane torch to melt some of the poly back into the hole, roughed up the tank surface and applied a couple layers of the Plastic Bonder. Then I covered the area with a 3 layers of different material. A layer of EternaBond tape, a layer of protective metal residing totally on the the EternaBond tape (my hole was on the edge so I use a piece of aluminum angle) followed by final layer of EternaBond tape to secure the metal protection in place. Then I made sure the sheet metal screw was smooth with the surface prior to remounting the tank.

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat CrewCab Long Bed 6.7L
2005 Keystone Outback Sydney 30FRKS
Larry1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 04:01 PM   #4
Alpine

"YouTube" is your friend. Type in repair rv waste tank

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote