Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2016, 08:51 AM   #1
Andy R
Site Team

Lightbulb Howdy Folks - Under New Ownership

I wanted to post a quick hello to introduce myself and give you all some news. I acquired this community from Courtland, the founder. Courtland and I have been exchanging emails for many years. Finally the stars aligned and he felt it was time to sell.

I've been watching this forum community for a long time. It's a very special place, Festus2, hankpage, chuckster57, JRTJH and KanTC have been doing a great as Mods & Admins. I feel very honored to be entrusted to continue what Courtland started and be part of this community.

I started a forum on Airstream Trailers back in 2002 (link). Through a random turn of events I adopted other forums. Over the last decade I guess we have become sort of experts on forum software and how to run forum communities so they will flourish and grow.

I think the biggest thing I've learned along the way is to empower the passionate users of each site so that they can help manage the community. There are no other experts who know the topic, members, etc of each forum so they are able to make smart decisions on how to handle issues. So from that standpoint I'm extremely excited to keep working with such a great group of guys.

There are a few folks on my team who you will see around the site helping out. Janet is my left hand gal. She's terrific. You will see here browsing to make sure the members and team are being taken care of. We also have a guy who logs in under the Tech Admin account and he does server maintenance, software upgrades, etc.

The plan moving forward is just to get to know everyone. We don't want to disrupt things. When we see areas for improvement (or if you have ideas) we take initiative to make those improvements. We plan to stay on the same software but at some point roll out a skin that will be a bit more refined. You can take a look at this link for an example:
http://www.redwoodowners.com/forums/

We know we will need to earn your trust to become part of the family. We are ready and excited to be part of this community.

If you have any questions, please post them here.

Kind Regards,

Andy
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:13 PM   #2
Pull Toy

Re: Howdy Folks - Under New Ownership

Your 100% spot on about the great leadership! Welcome, and thanks in advance for your valuable contributions.

I'll give you my first suggestion to work on:

I was just about to post a general suggestion that we "strongly recommend" a model year as part of an owner profile sign-up process. This is not intended to shame or distress anyone by model year, but rather, to help with diag's and repair suggestions.

I was just checking the profile on a brand new junior member who was seeking help on a rig "he just took delivery on", but the model year was not specified. If it was this years model. I'd suggest making it the dealers warranty problem, whereas if it was an older model, I'd try to recommend economical suggestions for home repair.

In describing an issue, there's a major distinction, warranty wise, between new or used, and if used, how old, private sale / warranty/ limited warranty. The model year would help intuitively, in an assist.

Thanks again, and Good Luck!

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:21 PM   #3
busterbrown

For a moment there, I thought someone was going to drop the name Verticalscope! Almost sh&t my pants! I'm better now.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:21 PM   #4
Tbos

Welcome Andy. I've learned a lot on this forum. I look forward to its future under your ownership. Can we get a like button?
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:33 PM   #5
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Glad for the introduction. I couldn't agree more about 2 things: a like button and a more filled in rig and/or trailer description. It's always good to hear from the top of the food chain.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ
WELL....THAT WAS FUN!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:35 PM   #6
Janet H
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
Welcome Andy. I've learned a lot on this forum. I look forward to its future under your ownership. Can we get a like button?
Hi folks - just checking in as well. I work with Andy and will be around on a regular basis to help out as needed. I also love to camp but don't have a Keystone - hoping to be forgiven for that.

Regarding the like button and earlier suggestion to include rig info in registrations.. Over the next few weeks you should see a few updates to the site and additional features. We can add an interactive thanks button or similar and update the registration page as well.

There are some basic software updates to be done in the coming days (long overdue) and then we can move forward with new features and enhancements.

One noticeable change will be the addition of a right side column that has a list of recent replies which should make the site a little easier to navigate and it would be nice to add a slide show of members photos. If you have suggestions or requests, post them up and the site team can mull over various options for implementation.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:38 PM   #7
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Hi folks - just checking in as well. I work with Andy and will be around on a regular basis to help out as needed. I also love to camp but don't have a Keystone - hoping to be forgiven for that.

Regarding the like button and earlier suggestion to include rig info in registrations.. Over the next few weeks you should see a few updates to the site and additional features. We can add an interactive thanks button or similar and update the registration page as well.

There are some basic software updates to be done in the coming days (long overdue) and then we can move forward with new features and enhancements.

One noticeable change will be the addition of a right side column that has a list of recent replies which should make the site a little easier to navigate and it would be nice to add a slide show of members photos. If you have suggestions or requests, post them up and the site team can mull over various options for implementation.
Great to hear you like to camp Janet. No problem posting here and hope to see your rig info in a signature. I still belong to the FR site and there are many, including 3 administrators that own an SOB (Some Other Brand).

I really like the "new posts" page and layout. FR has a "Thanks" button that is rarely used and posters even more rarely check. A 'like' button seems to get more action.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:32 PM   #8
roadglide

There isn't much that excepts me on this forum . I'm one of the users that like to make thing DIY project, that being said it would fun to see a thread just for DIY
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 02:39 AM   #9
notanlines

I also would like to say welcome to all of you to the site. And further, I am all for a "Thanks" box to check that shows the posters "nic."
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:09 AM   #10
Dave W

Welcome, new owners - and hope that a pretty decent site only gets better.

Janet - as far as belonging to brand specific RV sites, yep as I belong to four which is what we have owned in the past 15 years though am only active in a couple.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:00 AM   #11
Andy R
Site Team

I accidentally left Check (chuckster57) out of the announcement above. This was just an oversight and we appreciate Chuck's help just as much as the others. With over 3,000 posts in just over two years, he's been a busy contributor to the forums.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone in the months/years ahead!
Old 10-25-2016, 10:01 AM   #12
msom22

Being new here myself I'm excited to welcome you and look forward to being a member of this site for many years to come and am excited about future updates.
msom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:24 AM   #13
LarrySharon

Location: Rainier, Oregon but my heart is still in Arizona and my wife's heart is in Oregon.

Welcome new owner. I am new to this site and to owning and towing a TT. I have found this site invaluable for information that I have never thought of and answers to my questions.

Larry/Sharon Ellison
U.S. Navy Retired
Retired from Armstrong World Industries
Retired Period, But Not From Life
2007 Toyota Tundra
2017 Keystone Hideout 22KBSWE
LarrySharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:57 AM   #14
Desert185

Welcome. Good forum. Remember..."If it ain't broke..."
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:16 PM   #15
GaryWT

Welcome and congrats. Look forward to any upgrades just hoping we do not lose anything we have but improvements are a good thing. Of course we call that a modification.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 03:04 PM   #16
Williston324

Looking forward to some new enhancements and nice to see you and your team are prepared to take an active role here.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:32 AM   #17
SAABDOCTOR

HI Very nice to meet you! Cortland did a great job with this and looking forward to new ideas and improvements. So far you have gotten some great ideas.I wish you all the best.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:48 PM   #18
the sodfather

Glad a Texan is on board to represent! Although it's a heavy "5er" forum, us TT folks get a crumb of info too.
the sodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:41 AM   #19
Andy R
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sodfather View Post
Glad a Texan is on board to represent!
That's right, we have to represent. I wonder if we can get all our fellow members some good ole Texas BBQ? You aren't far from Lockhart, can you serve up some virtual yummy 'que for us?