Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2016, 07:25 AM   #1
Dave W

SeeLevel monitors

Since I have to pull the front belly cover at least partially down to access the black tank drain valve am considering installing SeeLevel monitors. The front tanks, black and the bath gray are reasonably easy as the sides are in plain sight with the basement partition removed. I've not seen the rear/mid mounted fresh water and galley gray water tanks and am asking if others have added the SeeLevel 709-4* monitor to a 343RL Montana HC of this vintage (sig unit) and what they ran into. I would guess some Cougar HC would be similar.

*This one: https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Seele...709-4-1004.htm
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:10 PM   #2
Campy

Read everything you can find about installing this system. It is a great system as I installed one on my class A that we use to have and it worked awesome. I was going to get a system for my 5th wheel but the way the tanks are made (stepped edges) it is not possible to install the sensor strips. The company suggested making PVC pipe "sub-tanks" and installing the sensors on them but that is just not a feasible solution so I gave up the idea. Check your tanks really well before buying a system.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:43 AM   #3
Dave W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campy View Post
Read everything you can find about installing this system. It is a great system as I installed one on my class A that we use to have and it worked awesome. I was going to get a system for my 5th wheel but the way the tanks are made (stepped edges) it is not possible to install the sensor strips. The company suggested making PVC pipe "sub-tanks" and installing the sensors on them but that is just not a feasible solution so I gave up the idea. Check your tanks really well before buying a system.
Thanks for that info. I used them very successfully on the last 5er but really hadn't considered them when I had the basement open this past spring on the current one so didn't pay much attention to the tank construction. I may have the basement partition out next week and for sure will look at the black and bath gray tanks. If the edge/flange is at the top, it wont cause too much of a problem except for some final accuracy - i.e. it will never be able to read 100% full. If in the middle - oh well, it was a good idea.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:37 AM   #4
Dave W

I just ordered a set of the Horst Miracle Probes (now Valterra) for the black tank. After thinking about it - I really don't want to pull down the entire belly cover and add a bunch of wiring. Is the SeeLevel a superior product? I'm sure but that system is a heckuva lot of work to install on this 5er if all I really need is a better black tank monitor probe system