Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2016, 06:28 AM   #1
clcarter

Alpine 3010RE Plumbing

We have a 2014 Alpine 3010RE,came from the factory with everything plumbed into one gray tank.I took it back to dealer and they re done the plumbing and ended up with shower and kitchen sink on gray tank 2,bathroom sink and washer on gray tank 1.Called keystone and was told that was the way they told them to plumb it.Would like to know how others are plumbed

Gray Tank 2 fills up really quick

Thanks for any info
clcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:14 AM   #2
ChuckS

Weird. I also have 2014 Alpine 3010RE. Kitchen drains into one gray tank. Bath sink and shower into other gray. I'd heard of some like yours before. I've verified mine so I was lucky.
No major issues. Knock on wood. Cosmetic living room crown trim pulled away at seams. Dealer fixed. I installed the air covers last year over existing vents. Like those a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:18 PM   #3
Pull Toy

Our 2013, 3535RE only listed one gray tank on the brochure, but dealer found second full sized tank for galley working off of same " gray dump" valve. When we added a gate valve for the second tank, miraculously the "Gray Tank 2" monitor started working on the control / levels display. Go figure?!?

Nice to know when worried about weights and distribution. We haul empty, so no big deal. But could really s*rew up a marginal rig hauling to a home or distant dump station, even if only an extra 250# +/- !

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:45 PM   #4
Harleyhop

Our 2014 3500re the kitchen drains into the galley grey tank and the shower and vanity drain into the Other grey tank. Hope that helps
Old 04-05-2016, 04:07 PM   #5
sgreene63

We have a 2010 3500RE and has separate Grey water tanks and valves for kitchen and bath. Works fine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
sgreene63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:23 PM   #6
dpowning

Re: Alpine 3010RE Plumbing

Keystone lists the gray storage on the 2014 Alpine 3010 as 82 gallons. In fact, this is comprised of two tanks. Based upon measurements taken, tank 1 is about 50 gallons and tank 2 is about 32 gallons.

But here is the kicker. The only inlet to tank 1 comes from the location of the washer/dryer. Very few people purchase this option. As a result, the trailer has only a single 32 gallon gray tank (#2), as opposed to the advertised 82 gallons.

As I am sure you know, Keystone will not provide plumbing diagrams to anyone, including their dealers.

I knew (from dry camping) that there was something wrong. I never got any water in the #1 gray tank.

Finally, in desperation, my wife and I pulled the bottom (and other) covers off of the trailer so that I could track the drain pipes. Indeed, I found that they #1 gray tank was, for all practical purposes, connected to nothing.

I would cost hundreds of dollars to have the trailer re-plumbed properly. The easiest solution is to install a Valterra T58 Twist-On Waste Valve at the sewer opening. By operating with this valve closed, and both gray valves open, the 82 gallon gray storage may be utilized. The #2 gray tank is higher than the number 1 tank. As a result, grey water will flow down into the #1 tank. When this tank fills up, the number 2 tank will also fill.

You must, of course, consider all this at dump time, but it is not difficult and should be obvious.

Draw your own conclusions about Keystone.
dpowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:28 PM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

Keystone doesn't have the corner on that design. Grand design does the same thing on one model. I have to explain to the customer during the walk through that gray 1 is for the washer that would go up front.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 05:20 AM   #8
ChuckS

My 2014 Alpine gray tanks are not plumbed like yours. One tank fills from water from the kitchen sink. The other gray tank fills from shower and bathroom sink.

I dry camp a lot and the water goes into those two gray tanks respectively

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:18 PM   #9
EVMIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpowning View Post
Keystone lists the gray storage on the 2014 Alpine 3010 as 82 gallons. In fact, this is comprised of two tanks. Based upon measurements taken, tank 1 is about 50 gallons and tank 2 is about 32 gallons.

But here is the kicker. The only inlet to tank 1 comes from the location of the washer/dryer. Very few people purchase this option. As a result, the trailer has only a single 32 gallon gray tank (#2), as opposed to the advertised 82 gallons.

As I am sure you know, Keystone will not provide plumbing diagrams to anyone, including their dealers.

I knew (from dry camping) that there was something wrong. I never got any water in the #1 gray tank.

Finally, in desperation, my wife and I pulled the bottom (and other) covers off of the trailer so that I could track the drain pipes. Indeed, I found that they #1 gray tank was, for all practical purposes, connected to nothing.

I would cost hundreds of dollars to have the trailer re-plumbed properly. The easiest solution is to install a Valterra T58 Twist-On Waste Valve at the sewer opening. By operating with this valve closed, and both gray valves open, the 82 gallon gray storage may be utilized. The #2 gray tank is higher than the number 1 tank. As a result, grey water will flow down into the #1 tank. When this tank fills up, the number 2 tank will also fill.

You must, of course, consider all this at dump time, but it is not difficult and should be obvious.

Draw your own conclusions about Keystone.

Thanks for this post. I think I'm plumbed just like you since I'm filling tank two very quickly and nothing ever in tank one. Going to give the valve solution a try. Just so I understand your obvious dumping procedures. Are just closing both grey water valves (to flush line with grey water after emptying black tank) and then opening twist on waste valve, flush black, flush grey. Thanks again.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:45 AM   #10
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Keystone doesn't have the corner on that design. Grand design does the same thing on one model. I have to explain to the customer during the walk through that gray 1 is for the washer that would go up front.
My Cougar 5er is plumbed as galley and gray. Even labeled correctly! The W/D goes into the gray tank. Using the W/D the gate will always be open. Plumbing an RV is not rocket science and the Amish should be able to figure it out and be consistent.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:28 AM   #11
Ddubya

Great info. We take delivery of our new Alpine on Monday so I will be asking about this issue.

Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:20 PM   #12
Ddubya

We took delivery of our new Alpine 3401RS today. Interesting that the kitchen sink drains to the small gray tank, the clothes washer and shower go to the large grey tank and the bathroom sink drains into the black tank.

Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote