Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2016, 04:03 PM   #1
msubobcats

Questions regarding our 284RDB

We just bought a 2016 284RDB and have a couple of questions.
This unit came with the Legend tv and a Linear Series RV5090 receiver. It has not gone on the road yet but while loading it with some of the necessities we tried out the DVD and have great audio but no video, just the blue screen. We have the input on component/AV.....? And are using a regular DVD, not a bluray.
Also, I try to listen to our local AM station, KKOH Reno and there is zero reception. KKOH is 50000 watts and is at most 50 miles away. I am guessing then the 5th Wheel has no external antenna and the internal antenna on the receiver is at best just marginal. Any ideas on the receiver for the DVD and the radio reception?
We have an appointment in Reno to have a couple of very minor items checked. So far we are more than happy. Waiting for a short trip in early April.
Thank you for any input.
msubobcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:33 PM   #2
cant_remember_ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by msubobcats View Post
We just bought a 2016 284RDB and have a couple of questions.
This unit came with the Legend tv and a Linear Series RV5090 receiver. It has not gone on the road yet but while loading it with some of the necessities we tried out the DVD and have great audio but no video, just the blue screen. We have the input on component/AV.....? And are using a regular DVD, not a bluray.
Also, I try to listen to our local AM station, KKOH Reno and there is zero reception. KKOH is 50000 watts and is at most 50 miles away. I am guessing then the 5th Wheel has no external antenna and the internal antenna on the receiver is at best just marginal. Any ideas on the receiver for the DVD and the radio reception?
We have an appointment in Reno to have a couple of very minor items checked. So far we are more than happy. Waiting for a short trip in early April.
Thank you for any input.
We have the same equipment in our Cougar. It took us a little bit to get the TV on the right input. It could also be the cord came out.

I haven't tried any AM stations, but FM came in fine the last time I used it. I'll check out AM the next time I am in it.

We probably bought our campers at the same place in Reno. Hope they treat you well.
cant_remember_ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #3
cw3jason

Find the antenna booster and turn it on. It may help you get fm stations. On my previous trailer the radio antenna was also part of the tv antenna and the booster needed to be on to get good fm radio stations.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 03:36 PM   #4
msubobcats

The FM works great. The AM reception is zero...
msubobcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 04:14 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

The antenna for your radio may be found in behind the stereo/DVD center. Sometimes, it is simply a short piece of "antenna wire" which has been chucked in behind and could be curled up on the floor. If you look and find it like that, try straightening it out and fastening it to a wall. It might improve your AM reception.