Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2016, 06:22 PM   #1
ismwo

Slideout fuse

Got a slideout jamed and it stopped working. Getting tired of doing it manually. Is there an in line fuse im missing? Its not labeled in with my fuses so i assumed its in line? Help if you can. O ya a keystone laredo is my rv thanks in advance.
ismwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:20 PM   #2
tgpilot

On my Copper Canyon, I had both, the legs blowing fuses and the slides would drag and cause blown fuses. Had two shops look the problems over and the best they could do was put heavier wiring on the system. Still blew fuses, so they put resettable 30 amp fuses inline. Now, when something happens, I just wait on the fuse to reset, not replace a bunch of fuses.

Not the best of ways to do anything, but that was the solution they came up with. Another year and a half, I will get rid of it. Do love the floor plan over all.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:01 PM   #3
ismwo

Sorry I guess I left a confussing post. I should have asked , Any idea where the slideout fuses are located? Thanks
Old 01-06-2016, 06:16 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

They should be in the 12V distribution panel, which is part of the breaker/convertor panel. Very common for automatic resetting circuit breakers to be used. They look like a rectangular metal box and might have the rating (Amps) stamped on top. Do not use a higher rated fuse/breaker than what's installed. If your popping the fuse/breaker each time you run the slide, there is another issue that needs to be addressed.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:50 AM   #5
cw3jason

the self resetting thermal breakers are located on the trailer frame, either near the battery or below the slide out.
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:02 PM   #6
ismwo

Found them by the battery, thanks a lot everone for the help. Ordered new one from amazon mine are not resetable. Thanks again
Old 01-07-2016, 09:28 AM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw3jason View Post
the self resetting thermal breakers are located on the trailer frame, either near the battery or below the slide out.

The slide out resetting are normally in the 12V fuse panel. The ones on the frame are normally for charge line, and sometimes break away.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote