Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2016, 07:27 PM   #1
dochall

faulty rear landing gear switch

I have a 2011 Laredo and the rocker switch that raises and lowers the rear landing gear has stopped working. Does anyone know where I can get a new one without making an hour trip to the dealer?
dochall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:16 PM   #2
bigbadbob17

Are you sure it's the switch? The breaker went on mine. Wouldn't go up or down so I wiggled the wires on the breaker and it worked for a bit. Mine was screwed to the frame has a red rubber cap but all rusted underneath

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
bigbadbob17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:19 AM   #3
WaltBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbob17 View Post
Are you sure it's the switch? The breaker went on mine. Wouldn't go up or down so I wiggled the wires on the breaker and it worked for a bit. Mine was screwed to the frame has a red rubber cap but all rusted underneath

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
That's an 'auto breaker' or automatic breaker that will reset itself after a few seconds. Your wires were loose causing the problem you had. If the wires are connected tightly on the posters, that wouldn't be the problem. They do go bad, but the symptoms for this are that you can start the legs (or slides) moving and they stop, then start back up ten seconds later, stop again and repeat. These things are less than $5 or so and easy to replace.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:03 AM   #4
Barbell

What Walt said X2. Our Montana came with a bad breaker that I finally replaced last fall. The slides would stop and start, the auto-level jacks would not fully retract and all dc power would cut out for 10-15 seconds. Now with the defective breaker replaced, all works as advertised.
Barbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:39 PM   #5
dochall

Thanks, I will try to find the breaker to make sure it is OK
Old 07-06-2016, 04:41 PM   #6
dochall

I followed the two wires (one red , one black) from the motor to the switch and there was no breaker, Could there be one on the two white wires that feed the switch?
This is for the rear landing legs. I know where the front one is.