Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2017, 03:19 AM   #21
Hankintu

I did get the audio feed from the tv to work through the iRV, switched cables and it now works through AV in mode, but not Aux.
I didn't get a great first impression of the clamping hardware and am trying to be very careful when putting the bunks up with the DW inside helping to insure there is no fabric along the edges getting pinched causing extra stress while closing.
Anyway, leaving Friday for a 10 day trip and will monitor moisture, clamps, and how well our portable generator works out since our site is non electric.
BricRoth, sorry to hear about the clamp issue, please keep us updated on the status of it. Hopefully you will be able to find a fix that your pleased with.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:41 PM   #22
LHouska

Thanks for the great info! Gonna order the pop up gizmos thanks to yournpoat! I see you are ordering memory foam topper any thoughts on replacing the mattress? We were thinking of modifying a memory foam mattress to replace the existing bed ot much support. Do you think the black tank sprayer is necessary? We do not have one. Happy camping and thanks again for posting we are new to camping and will take any advise, suggestions and ideas we can get! We will try to post things we think will be helpful also . Love our hybrid!
LHouska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:51 PM   #23
LHouska

I have noticed the same thing, I think using covers on the tent ends might help with condensation on the inside of the tents and might help with the moisture under the bed also? Not sure I'll let you know as we test this theory on our next trip the end of this month.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:50 AM   #24
Hankintu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHouska View Post
Thanks for the great info! Gonna order the pop up gizmos thanks to yournpoat! I see you are ordering memory foam topper any thoughts on replacing the mattress? We were thinking of modifying a memory foam mattress to replace the existing bed ot much support. Do you think the black tank sprayer is necessary? We do not have one. Happy camping and thanks again for posting we are new to camping and will take any advise, suggestions and ideas we can get! We will try to post things we think will be helpful also . Love our hybrid!
Please post if they require you to get measurements as our unit is not in the current list, at least the last time I checked and I know that at least two members have ordered them. Thanks in advance and HAPPY CAMPING!
Old 06-02-2017, 11:13 AM   #25
Carrottop

Pop up Gizmos has the measurements for the 217exp. I ordered them for mine and they fit great. The only advice I would give is ask to sew Velcro across the top to hold it in place. I did not and had to take mine to a local seamstress to add it. I then used Velcro adhesive for the tent end. Held it in place very well. May long weekend in Canada we were out camping and the wind got up to 70kph and they never moved even with blowing rain. We installed a maxx air auto vent fan or the living room vent and left it running all night (we have a maxx air cover as well) so we could leave it on in the rain and wind and we had zero condensation on the tent end. As I mentioned before I had some between the reflectix and the mattress but we just lifted the mattress in the morning for a few hours and it dissipated. We also just had the dealer rip out that crappy manual thermostat on the furnace and replaced with a digital one, much more accurate and regulates the temperature much better.
Carrottop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:56 AM   #26
BricRoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrottop View Post
The only advice I would give is ask to sew Velcro across the top to hold it in place. I did not and had to take mine to a local seamstress to add it. I then used Velcro adhesive for the tent end.
Hey Carrottop,

Where are you applying the adhesive Velcro. to the actual canvas or to the drip molding above? We love our PUGs but installing them sure slows down setup. By using the Velcro do you then not have to use clips at all?

Thanx,

Bric
BricRoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:18 AM   #27
Carrottop

Hi Bric,

I attached the adhesive side to the very top of the canvas right across the top. I used the 3M plastic Velcro not the fabric one (lasts longer and is stronger and meant for outdoors). Once attached it does not need to be removed and can be folded up with the tent end. I also attached all the black clips from the strings on the pug to one large clip on each side makes it much easier to attach them all. I will say I still need to reapply the corners as they will come off when reopening the bunk. I will send some pics on next setup. I do not use the little red clips he sent to pin the pug to the canvas they look kind of wimpy anyway. With the Velcro and the string clipped underneath it does not budge.

Happy Camping!
Old 06-06-2017, 06:38 PM   #28
LHouska

I ordered my covers on Monday and they have the measurements for more than what the internet site has. The gentleman who answered the phone could not have been any nicer!!!!! He was really friendly and helpful, so excited to get them! I will try to post pictures. I have gotten so much good information from you all on this site I cannot thank you enough!!!!!I hope I am able to pass on helpful posts as we get more experience.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:56 AM   #29
Carrottop

Here are the pics I said I would post of the Velcro for the PUG's and the clips used underneath. Both items save a lot of time on setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0721.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	12955   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0722.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	12956   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0723.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	12957  
Old 06-13-2017, 04:47 PM   #30
SchafferFamily

BricRoth,

Hey, Thanks for the Shout Out. Really glad that my posts and my blog could help. Glad to see that there are a few other 217 owners out there now. I've personally run into two while camping the last two years with ours and everyone seems to love the space it offers, flexibilty, but dreads the lack of access from the outside.

I've added more updates too to my camper and we are about to really get into the summer camping now that my daughters are out of school. We have a bunch of trips lined up and some new places to explore too this year.

For the Popup Gizmos, he has the measurements on file from my first test fit and update. The Velcro is a nice option to have and helps get things installed on a breezy day setup. Otherwise, clamps work too but a few trips up and down the ladder to get things adjusted.

Glad to see everyone posting,... and I hope to be back on the forums more too.

Rob

2004 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
2016 Passport 217exp
SchafferFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:50 AM   #31
LHouska

Getting ready to go camping this weekend in MO and it looks to be a beautiful weekend weather wise! Excited to use the Popup Gizmos!!!! Called to order them and the gentleman was SO nice and helpful!!!!! Highly recommend www.popupgizmos.com 972-849-9240 I also ordered a cooler cover for those really hot days. We also purchased a 4 inch for $129.00 (Best Price Mattress 4-inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper Queen 60x80) on Amazon and it fit like a glove!!!! cannot wait to sleep on it. I will try to post an update after this trip and let you know how it all goes :-) Happy Camping all
Old 06-23-2017, 09:32 AM   #32
Carrottop

Nice. Have fun out there. Another thing we found really helped us was putting reflectix in the windows. I am attaching some photos so you can see what it looks like, they just zip into the window opening and really help to keep things cool and dark in the morning sun. The black lines on the large window are black Gorilla tape around the edges and down the middle for two reasons one to help make it more rigid and two to match better with the popup gizmos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0743.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	13164   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0754.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	13165   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0755.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	13166  
Old 06-25-2017, 05:14 AM   #33
Hankintu

Just out of curiosity, has anyone used the coax cable jack on the rear of the camper? I believe it must be for connecting another TV to the trailer antenna not for park cable as I ran a cable from a cable source from the house and it didn't pick up any channels when I ran the auto tune on the TV. I haven't tried another TV connected to it.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:07 AM   #34
Carrottop

It would have to be an additional TV point. Based on my limited knowledge of who cable is run you would need a switch to select that input method. For example if the antenna is input "A" and the rear cable jack is input "B" you would need two cables coming into the TV which can only support one coax cable, therefore you would need a switch to select input "A" or input "B". Hope this makes sense. My last unit was a class a motorhome and it had a larger switching box which you would select antenna/cable/DVD/Satellite. I may be wrong on this but I don't think so.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:16 AM   #35
BricRoth

Storage Mod

Just thought I would pass along a storage idea I came up with a couple of weeks ago. The storage below the U-Dinette is pretty rough to get to. If you use the doors on the sides you cant reach or see what is up in them. Don't even get me going on the under seat storage in to the rear of the table.

I picked up four wooden crates after measuring the door openings. I then used a brad nailer to attach two 2x2's on both sides. After screwing together two wooden crate they now slide in and out with ease and we can see everything we have stored in there. Hope it makes this space usable for you like it did us.

Bric
Old 06-26-2017, 08:26 AM   #36
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BricRoth View Post
Just thought I would pass along a storage idea I came up with a couple of weeks ago. The storage below the U-Dinette is pretty rough to get to. If you use the doors on the sides you cant reach or see what is up in them. Don't even get me going on the under seat storage in to the rear of the table.

I picked up four wooden crates after measuring the door openings. I then used a brad nailer to attach two 2x2's on both sides. After screwing together two wooden crate they now slide in and out with ease and we can see everything we have stored in there. Hope it makes this space usable for you like it did us.

Bric

Good idea.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:28 AM   #37
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankintu View Post
Just out of curiosity, has anyone used the coax cable jack on the rear of the camper? I believe it must be for connecting another TV to the trailer antenna not for park cable as I ran a cable from a cable source from the house and it didn't pick up any channels when I ran the auto tune on the TV. I haven't tried another TV connected to it.

I have a different Passport but use that jack all the time. As someone else mentioned you need to change the input on the TV to cable and then run the channel auto scan.

Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:15 AM   #38
BricRoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrottop View Post
Nice. Have fun out there. Another thing we found really helped us was putting reflectix in the windows. I am attaching some photos so you can see what it looks like, they just zip into the window opening and really help to keep things cool and dark in the morning sun. The black lines on the large window are black Gorilla tape around the edges and down the middle for two reasons one to help make it more rigid and two to match better with the popup gizmos.

Great idea here... Very economical!
Old 06-27-2017, 02:44 AM   #39
Hankintu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
I have a different Passport but use that jack all the time. As someone else mentioned you need to change the input on the TV to cable and then run the channel auto scan.

That is what I did and it didn't pick up the channels. Unless there is a physical switch somewhere that I am not seeing. I switched to cable in the menu for auto scan.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:08 AM   #40
Hankintu

Thought this link, http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=25955 may be helpful, it concerns using the table as a bed.

Tags
passport, keystone