Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM   #11
BadmanRick

Have you called Keystone. Your trailer has a one year warranty from the factory. Call an attorney if necessary. Get it fixed.

BadmanRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM   #12
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadmanRick View Post
Have you called Keystone. Your trailer has a one year warranty from the factory. Call an attorney if necessary. Get it fixed.
Yep! An attorney will get you right in for repairs.........in about a year or 2 following all the litigation while your rv sits in the back of the dealers lot.
Sorry! That's probably not the best advice! I would recommend it ONLY as a last resort!
Going toe to toe with the service manger & GM of the dealership behind closed doors is probably a better solution, next to the top of Keystone & if no luck to the top at Thor.

Danny & Linda
Fulltime since '08
2013 Redwood 36FB (FOR SALE)
2013 Denali 3500 DRW D/A
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM   #13
Jerry S

Problem is it needs to be dried out inside the walls and most reputable dealers have the equipment to do that. I would not feel comfortable sealing a leak where water had got inside of a wall without properly drying it out. I have been down this road with a new 2017 Springdale that leaked a river on the inside the first heavy rain. fortunately the dealer took care of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty75 View Post
As an update, still havenít heard a response from the dealer. Pretty disappointed as that was the only reason we bought local this time. We swap out camper every 2 years to stay in a warranty, so surprised they arenít doing more to keep the business. However, I did talk directly to keystone and they said no problem, itís covered for 90 days from date of sale. They had me repair it myself and just take pictures for their files. It was literally a trip to Loweís and 2-minute repair, but more than anything didnít want to be responsible for what if anything is affected behind the wall. Hopefully nothing at this point but I have learned the hard way itís better to be over documented than under.
Jerry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:04 AM   #14
ubetcha

What type of sealant did you pick up at Lowe's? The roof material on new campers take a special sealant, not just regular old silicone. Go to any camper dealer or online camper equipment supplier and check out their roof sealers. I personally go to Dyersonline.com. Fast, friendly and helpful service. I had a question about a toilet i wanted to put in my old camper. They were not sure of the answer so they called the manufacturer for me to get the correct answer. Then called me back. The roof sealant is made by Dicor.
ubetcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:04 AM   #15
ctbruce
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadmanRick View Post
Once a lawyer is involved, Keystone and any manufacturer for that matter will cut off conversation and working on a solution. Thor Industries has a whole legal department to deal with issues. Going this route should be a last resort, not a first step.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:34 AM   #16
German Shepherd Guy

Hi Smitty, sorry to hear of the accident and hope you and family are OK now. My question is about the sealant and please, anyone with good knowledge reply. So I also have a new unit. It is currently parked under a pole barn When I looked the roof over there was substantial cracking in the sealant. I figured on Just applying Dycor self leveling sealant this spring. Am I on the right track? Can I just apply over what is there or do I need to do substantial cleaning and if so how? Just scrub out or is there a cleaner that needs to be applied first.
Thanks in advance.

German Shepherd Guy
German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:39 AM   #17
JRTJH
Site Team

Here's a comprehensive "Roof Care Guide" from DICOR. While not every issue is covered (They don't give you Keystone's phone number) they do an extremely good job of covering both EPDM and TPO roof care. You can download "Rudy's Handbook" at the DICOR site here: https://dicorproducts.com/rudys-down...care-handbook/

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:54 AM   #18
Smitty75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubetcha View Post
What type of sealant did you pick up at Lowe's? The roof material on new campers take a special sealant, not just regular old silicone. Go to any camper dealer or online camper equipment supplier and check out their roof sealers. I personally go to Dyersonline.com. Fast, friendly and helpful service. I had a question about a toilet i wanted to put in my old camper. They were not sure of the answer so they called the manufacturer for me to get the correct answer. Then called me back. The roof sealant is made by Dicor.

The good thing is itís not actually on the roof, itís a small hole drilled in the Fiberglass cap for the led lights to pass through. All other penetrations in the fiberglass were sealed with silicone so I used the same. I expect that the leak is fixed, but again not sure on any internal damage. It wasnít a lot of water (maybe a half cup), but I also know that itís been doing it since leaving the factory. Iím pretty sure keystone is going to have it covered based on our conversations, but still planning to get it to the dealer when Iím able. Now with the storm over the weekend most things are closed down and the roads are pretty sloppy. So probably be Wednesday before I can get it over there. But Iíll keep on them. Not my first rodeo with this stuff.

Thanks for all the advice. And Iím probably not at the point of needing a lawyer, but will keep that in mind down the road if need be.

Smitty75 is offline   Reply With Quote