Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2018, 01:04 PM   #21
mcaliebe

So Keystone customer service was very helpful. Apparently, I have a Winegard 4G Connect antenna mounted to the roof. This antenna holds a sim card as well. There is some set-up documentation which should have been included with the trailer and was not. I've attached it for reference.

The system has an On/Off switch which I have a sneaky feeling that this switch is my phantom rocker switch located in the left overhead cabinet of the master bedroom. Its installed next to the TV antenna booster so that makes sense.

I believe this can be a pay-as-you-go option with Verizon when ATT or sprint isn't available. Hopefully, this can help someone else as well!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Winegard quick start.pdf (374.1 KB, 9 views)

mcaliebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:12 PM   #22
travelin texans

[QUOTE=JRTJH;31757 I suppose it boils down to which is more important, better tires or WIFI ??? Looks like now we know the answer....[/QUOTE]

Most rv owners don't give tires a second thought until they're stuck on the side of the road with a blow out, but EVERYBODY wants internet access, free is best & most complained about in rv parks reviews if it's weak. If new rvs are advertised with Wi-Fi connectivity then that's a huge sales gimmick, another bling bling that adds nothing significant to the rv.
Wow! I can hear it now, "Our new 1/2 ton towable 12000 lb model XYZ TT now has 4gLTE capability" says the rv salesman, then you find out you can't tow it or connect with it without paying!!!

Danny & Linda
Fulltime since '08
2013 Redwood 36FB (FOR SALE)
2013 Denali 3500 DRW D/A
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:28 PM   #23
mcaliebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyjuno View Post
Which switches I had to run around mine to figure out what they were I am pretty sure the set of 3 switches inside the control cabinet next to my iN·command controller are for the tank heaters haha but I have no idea
They are! My unit came with a paper label above them to indicate what they were for. I'll have to post that picture so you know which is which.
mcaliebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #24
ChuckS

Glad Keystone provided some guidance. Hope it works the way you invision

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:24 PM   #25
jamtracy

Look at the furrion website. I think the charges for data is high.
Best deal 5 gigs for $50 per month. No thanks
jamtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:54 PM   #26
Logan X

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I am not an expert but:
1. $50 for 5 gigs of data is a bit silly and wouldn't allow for any movies for sure
2. You need internet for a router and if you can use your smart phone for a hot spot and have an unlimited plan, not sure why a router is needed in a trailer as the hot spot signal will sure get anywhere in such a small space
3. The secret of technology is to transfer cash from your pocket to someone else's
Point #3 is hilarious
Old 12-03-2018, 06:44 PM   #27
Jonnyjuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I am not an expert but:
1. $50 for 5 gigs of data is a bit silly and wouldn't allow for any movies for sure
2. You need internet for a router and if you can use your smart phone for a hot spot and have an unlimited plan, not sure why a router is needed in a trailer as the hot spot signal will sure get anywhere in such a small space
3. The secret of technology is to transfer cash from your pocket to someone else's
Haha could not be more correct the part I need in order to use the 4g and WiFi booster is $550 from my dealer they happen to give 10% off of sales price if you purchase a coach from them
Jonnyjuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:31 AM   #28
BRB Rig

I would recommend not using Keystone’s provided solution. We just purchased the recently released Verizon Jetpack 8800L MiFi router for $199 (retail price if you don’t want a two-year contract). It’s compatible with their 5G service (only available in select areas until 2019 when it expands). As of November 2018, only Verizon is selling the 8800L.

For service, Verizon recently released a $70 per month unlimited pre-pay data plan with no throttling. We’ve been waiting for a no-throttle plan and Verizon finally obliged. If you set up recurring monthly payments, the plan is $65 per month. We’re getting between 30 and 50 mbps download and upload speeds.

The beauty of the Jetpack is that it’s 3G backwards compatible (for areas with slower data connections) and small enough to bring it with you anywhere away from the RV! You can connect up to 15 devices to it.
BRB Rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:58 AM   #29
NevadaRich

BRB is right, I have an older Jetpack and pay $60 a month for unlimited, and have been every where, I wouldn't pay for keystone's BS

NevadaRich is offline   Reply With Quote