Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #61
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
There is another member posting information that "Goodyear will pay to fix your trailer if their Endurance ST tire fails"... My reason for asking if this is the "same Goodyear that produced the G159" is because the allegations are that as late as August 2018 Goodyear still has not "officially recalled the G159 tire"... They are apparently using "unpublished, silent recalls" to keep people quiet and to avoid any admission of "tire problems" on a "tire line scale"....

To me (YMMV) that's not being "honest and above board" when it comes to accepting responsibility for a product failure. My point, the one I was trying to make, is that if Goodyear has refused to accept that they have a problem with the G159 tire in the past 15 years (since they stopped production) and still won't accept responsibility for the accidents that tire caused, why would we believe that same company is going to "volunteer to repair trailers for any owner who buys the Endurance ST tire" ???

I'm not saying that the Endurance ST tire is good or bad, it's simply too early to know how it will perform beyond the 2 years it's been on the market. It may turn out to be an excellent tire, it may turn out to be the "sister to the Marathon (a cheap failure after it was moved to China).... None of us know the outcome yet (unless there's a fortune teller amongst us)....

My point, for the "umpteenth time" is this: Goodyear's track record for paying for repairs to trailers and motorhomes has always been "under the table to keep people quiet"... They have NEVER made a statement such as, "Send us your bad tire and the bill for your trailer repair and we'll send you a check".....

If anyone has evidence that Goodyear has that policy, I'll sincerely apologize, but until then, Goodyear ain't no better than Carlisle or TowMax when it comes to getting "blood out of a turnip".......

I wrote the above under your quote which was in answer to this statement.

Those that remain calm and firm, have been able to get Goodyear to pay the full amount. Other times Goodyear steps up completely from the get go.

You can believe this or not. There are many documented cases available with a little internet searching. (ANCIDOTAL)! …
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:41 AM   #62
JRTJH
Site Team

I consider myself "fairly well versed" in internet searches and I have not been able to locate any evidence that Goodyear has paid for damages on any of their ST tire lines in the past 3 years. Do you have any specific links to that information? I've not been able to find the "easy to find info" using any of my search techniques.

I don't "live on the sunrise side of the mountain" when it comes to dealing with tire companies. So, I just wrote Goodyear a question on their "Contact Us" link. I simply asked them, "What is your company policy regarding payment for damages to travel trailers that are caused by failure of your ST tire lines? I'd like to know whether you'll pay for any damages if I buy your Endurance or Marathon tire and have any damage caused by a failure of your product."

I'll post the answer as soon as Goodyear responds to my question.... I'm not holding my breath anticipating a positive response, but we'll see......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:02 AM   #63
Snoking

Has anyone yet heard of a GY Endurance failure? Along that vein I have only read of one case of a Sailun S637 failing. Carlisle thought they had it figured out and you still read about they newer/newest tires failing.

The term blowout is over used also. Many G614's threw their cap and continued to hold air pressure.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #64
Snoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
Does the delivery driver have a PDI that includes maintaining proper inflation pressures?
If he wants to make a living at it verse sitting on the side of the road, then he checks air pressure before leaving the manufacturers yard. Chris
Old 10-14-2018, 11:23 AM   #65
Javi

Well sucks... I was all ready to buy me four brand new Goodyear Endurance ST235/80R*16E tires next week to replace my three Carlisle ST235/80R-16E that are two years old and move the one Endurance I have to the spare... Ain't gonna happen now..

Went over to the trailer today to pack the wheel bearings and do a little cleanup around it in anticipation of our camping season kickoff trip in a few weeks... First thing I see is an obvious dip in the sidewall of the ten month old tire... So I pull that wheel first and look the other side of the tire... yep that side is even bigger... So I do my thing with the bearings and go to the next tire which is a two year old Carlisle... well all three of them are good, not a sign of a busted cord.. And yes I know that indentations aren't supposed to be a problem... but I don't like it when I see it in one tire.. and not any of the others..

I don't remember hitting anything but I'm old... So this isn't conclusive proof that the Endurance is a bad tire... but it's enough for me to go back to the Carlisle HD for now.. which is a bummer as Discount tire no longer stocks the Carlisle in favor of the Endurance.. Which is how I ended up with one Endurance in the first place..
Old 10-14-2018, 12:06 PM   #66
notanlines

“I'll post the answer as soon as Goodyear responds to my question..“
C’mon Goodyear! My face is purple!
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:18 PM   #67
guitarboy52

Heading to Florida in a couple weeks, buying a set of Carlisle's this week. Also going to have steel valve stems installed and adding a Tire Pressure Monitoring System. The Trailer Kings might be a decent tire, but you never know how they were handled before you got your trailer. We picked up our trailer in June and have made 3 fairly local trips. Proper air pressure and speed play major roll but factory tires may have been mistreated before you ever saw your trailer.
guitarboy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 04:23 PM   #68
Snoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarboy52 View Post
Proper air pressure and speed play major roll but factory tires may have been mistreated before you ever saw your trailer.
Before the recent newer ST tires showed on the market, I use to say "ST tires are for delivery and display only!"
Old 10-14-2018, 04:34 PM   #69
mcomeaux

Just replace every three years and have no fear.....
Old 10-14-2018, 06:05 PM   #70
flybouy
Site Team

Hello, this is your trailer tire hotline. If you are answering if, or when to replace your tires..Press
1 for Before you drive it off the lot.
2 for Not until they wear out or blow up, destroying everything in a 5 block radius.
3 for Use LT not ST tires you fool!
4 for What's a ST tire?
5 for I'm still waiting to find out the truth but haven't got past the "Truth about the Kennedy Assassination" websites, and 10,000 things doctors don't want you to know sites that show up when I search "Truth".
6 to Return to the beginning of the menu.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:41 PM   #71
Snoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcomeaux View Post
Just replace every three years and have no fear.....
S637's will last longer than three years. How many miles to you go between oil changes?
Old 10-15-2018, 06:52 PM   #72
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoking View Post
S637's will last longer than three years.

And that's probably because the tensile strength of the steel cords in the S637 will resist heat damage better than the polyester cords in most of the other brands.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:11 PM   #73
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
...I'll post the answer as soon as Goodyear responds to my question.... I'm not holding my breath anticipating a positive response, but we'll see......
Here is the "official response from Goodyear"

goodyear_cr [email protected]e
To jrtjh@*****

All Goodyear tires come with a six year limited warranty. During the first 12 months or 2/32" of tread wear, whichever comes first, tires removed from service due to a covered warranty condition will be replaced with a comparable Goodyear product free of charge, mounting and balancing are included.

Tires not eligible for free replacement that are removed from service due to a covered warranty condition will be replaced with a comparable new Goodyear tire on a prorated basis for up to six (6) years from the date of purchase. (Without proof of purchase the date of manufacture will be used to determine eligibility.)

If damages are caused due to a tire failure, a damage claim will be initiated to determine cause or condition. Then our Property Damage Claims Team will determine if the cost of repairs will be reimbursed
Vanassa
Consumer Relations

That process is, to my understanding, the same process used by all tire manufacturers, even TowMax.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-16-2018, 07:14 PM   #74
Snoking

Sounds pretty close to what I said.?

How many other tire manufacturers have you ever heard or read of any other tire company beyond GY paying for consequential damages?

Only one I have heard of is BFG/Michelin. Please post a link to others that have. Chris
Old 10-16-2018, 07:19 PM   #75
JRTJH
Site Team

There are several posts on this forum detailing how TowMax paid for damages to a member's trailer. You can find those posts (about 4 years old) by using the search feature located in the black bar at the top of every forum webpage.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-16-2018, 07:22 PM   #76
Snoking

Quote:
There are several posts on this forum detailing how TowMax paid for damages to a member's trailer. You can find those posts (about 4 years old) by using the search feature located in the black bar at the top of every forum webpage.
So why did you question that GY would do this if you knew that others do it ? How about a link, I can not find them.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:19 PM   #77
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Sounds pretty close to what I said.?

How many other tire manufacturers have you ever heard or read of any other tire company beyond GY paying for consequential damages?

Only one I have heard of is BFG/Michelin. Please post a link to others that have. Chris

For what it is worth, anyone that worries about a tire manufacturers "warranty" paying for any damages done due to a "faulty" tire, which they (the company) will determine, or for the tire itself, is wasting their time and naive. I've not ever seen it happen but others may have. As far as GY, I used to use them exclusively for most everything; they aren't the company they used to be nor their products and I wouldn't trust them to pay anything for damages...there's always a copout. JMO
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:23 PM   #78
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
So why did you question that GY would do this if you knew that others do it ? How about a link, I can not find them.
I think John is running on memory and I think I recall the same thing. You may need to rearrange your search criteria to find the items mentioned. We would have to do the same thing to do it for you.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:45 PM   #79
Snoking

In the case they replace or paid for tires.
https://heartlandowners.org/archive/...p/t-47483.html

Towmax warranty:
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED
BY THE LAWS OF YOUR STATE, THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER AND EXPRESSLY
EXCLUDES ANY COVERAGE FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF
TIME, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF USE OF YOUR VEHICLE OR TIRE, OR ANY OTHER
INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.

Link to warranty
https://www.tirerack.com/images/pdf/warranty/PK0112.pdf

If someone got damages paid for they most likely lived in a state the does does not allow INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES exclusions in warranties.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:38 AM   #80
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

This is getting old. No one knows. Everyone is speculating at best.

Until the Sh** hits the fan and someone files a claim with GY, there is no way to know. Their words, "IF" determined by them and their team, gives a little hope, but their sole job in life is to figure out how you screwed up and allowed their tire to fail and how it was not their fault.

If you want GY Endurance, by all means buy them. But don't speculate on what hasn't happened yet as if it will. If you want Carlisle, Maxxis, Sailun or God forbid, TowM...something, then get them and be happy. It's all good. And leave it at that.

Your tires have very little to do with how big or smart or great a guy or gal you are. They simply are a tool to get us all to our intended goal of going camping. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less.

God, this is going to be a long winter of cabin fever.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires