Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2018, 05:08 AM   #21
mazboy

your A/C unit was working as it should. the A/C units in trailers are what they are. you will never get the results that you will in your home. this isn't just keystone.

using a fan in the trailer will help.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:54 AM   #22
wiredgeorge

One more thing that can be checked. Everyone has talked about the poor HVAC tape application around the vents and the vents themselves plus the void at the end of the duct runs that needs to be filled. One more thing that should be done in that regard is pull your lower A/C cover and look at the HVAC taping done in there. It wasn't good in my unit; in fact if the cold air or return leak, I suspect the A/C won't work as well as it should. The job they did on mine at the factory was as miserable as in the vents. Buy some of this HVAC tape and redo in all areas mentioned if it needs it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inside_ac.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	17214  
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 01:43 PM   #23
Starfleetmarj

We had issues with cooling our Fuzion 371 toyhauler and found that both units had issues with the solid foam divider between the cooling air and intake air. On both units the divider had fallen and all cold are was going up the intake instead of in the ceiling vents. Once we duct taped the divider back into position the trailer cooled just fine. There seems to be a mfg flaw on design if both units had the same issue. We couldn't find any structure that kept the foam divider in place, so we had to duct tape it. Not sure of make....but I think they were Dometic.
Starfleetmarj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana