Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2019, 11:49 AM   #1
John F

Hi, I just got a 2019 Sprinter Campfire. Does anyone know where they locate their splitter?

Where is the Splitter locates in the Sprinter Campfire 29FWBH?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 02:26 PM   #2
Pull Toy

Welcome to the forum... lots of good info, and friendship happening here!

I've never owned your model, but with most of the campers that I've owned over the years, it's been behind the cover plate for the Amplifier. This willl be the one that has a co-ax nipple, a small black button, a pilot light, and usually a 12v (cigar lighter) outlet. There may be additional splitters downstream, depending on your layout, but this is the primary one. It sends "amplified" signal to more than one set.

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 04:58 PM   #3
xrated

My booster and wall plate/switch is in the garage area of the Toy Hauler. Guess where the actual splitter and amplifier is........Yep, dangling inside the wall between the garage and the kitchen.......Nice Quality Keystone!
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:44 PM   #4
John F

Thanks! Looked and still can’t find it. Lol. I called Keystone to try and find out and they actually said they couldn’t give me that information. That alone tells me I will never buy from them again!!!
Old 01-17-2019, 05:24 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Thanks! Looked and still can’t find it. Lol. I called Keystone to try and find out and they actually said they couldn’t give me that information. That alone tells me I will never buy from them again!!!
What the person in customer service told you is true... <literally true> The administrative clerk/typist who answers the phone and relays messages to other parts of the plant "really and truly can't tell you" because in all probability they simply don't know and have no idea where to start looking for the answer...

If you consider that Keystone builds well over 200 floorplans of 20 brands of RV, all different, all with different features and options, some with 3 TV's and some with the option for 5 TV's, while some only have 1 TV with options for two, three or more, every option means a different splitter location and quantity, it's not surprising that someone sitting in the front office who has never walked the manufacturing floor and never spent an afternoon inside one of their products can't answer every question about every model. For you, it is "where's the splitter" for the next caller, it's a different trailer and they want to know where the galley sink cold water ties into the main line and if it's 1/2" or 3/8" PEX fittings that are used on the line. Then the next caller wants to know where the thermostat line runs through the wall into the ceiling on a third model....

NOBODY can possibly know everything about every Keystone trailer, so the "customer service department becomes a "relay message station" for important safety issues and a "you need to discuss that with your selling dealer" for answers that aren't related to safety....

I'm not making excuses for Keystone, they don't pay me anything, so I'm not defending their actions, just explaining that you really don't want to rely on a minimum wage employee that may not yet be off hiring probation giving you technical answers on one of literally millions of "bits of info" that they simply don't (and can't) know off the top of their head. So, rather than make promises to get you the answer (something they can't find and if the back office won't give them, they can't give you) they simply suggest you talk to your dealer. After all, that's where the service should be performed.

ADDED: As an "afterthought" I don't know what brand tow vehicle you have, but as a comparison, call 1-800 FORD CARES or 1-800 CHEVY HELP and ask them where the connector for the GPS antenna is located in your truck. You might even narrow it down and ask if the connector is behind the left or right side of the headliner.... See what answer you get from Ford or GM. I'd almost bet my next paycheck (I'm retired BTW) that you'll be told they can't provide that kind of information and you need to contact your dealer for assistance.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 05:31 PM   #6
John F

Fine except I bought out of state for the great discount. What a mistake so far
Old 01-17-2019, 06:08 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
B.S. that is. I asked to be transferred to the correct department to tell me the location. They need to get their you know what together. Lousy excuse
No need to get "testy" with anyone on this forum.... I'm trying to give you some information so you can understand the process at the factory. If you don't want it, go somewhere else and find your answers....

As for the factory, YOU are not their concern, the dealership is.... The dealer is their customer YOU are the dealer's customer...

As I explained above, give Ford or Chevy a call and ask their customer service department where a component in your tow vehicle is located....

They (Keystone customer service) is not there to give technical advice and they DO NOT transfer customer phone calls throughout the plant. As a fact, neither does Ford or Chevy. You might try calling your local WalMart, asking for the automotive department, then when they answer, tell them you want to talk to a mechanic, not whomever is on the phone. See how far you get with them calling someone off the floor to "chat with you"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 01-17-2019, 06:26 PM   #8
John F

I am sorry, I did not mean to offend anyone. I am just frustrated. New at having an RV so I have a lot to learn. Thanks for your help. I do appreciate it.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:31 PM   #9
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

John F you have not mentioned why you are looking for splitters nor what system you are looking into? most of the posts here reference the OTA (antenna) and cable TV wiring systems/configurations. As stated on these systems the splitters are located in the wall or ceiling near the antenna booster plate, remove the plate and reach in behind it, The satellite system wiring is a complete separate configuration and those splitters if any could be virtually anywhere in the walls or ceilings. Have you found the booster if you are chasing down the splitters in either the OTA or cable TV system
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:35 PM   #10
John F

To make a long story short I want locate the splitter so that I can wire my outside covienince center and bedroom TV’s directly to my Dish on the roof.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:45 PM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
I am sorry, I did not mean to offend anyone. I am just frustrated. New at having an RV so I have a lot to learn. Thanks for your help. I do appreciate it.
There is no need to apologize, what you're facing and how you feel is very similar to the way almost all of us felt when we bought our first RV. Some 50 years ago, some last week, but when you're lost, you're lost.....

You can find lots of useful information on this site, on You Tube videos and by using Google search. Almost all the online trailer parts sites (like etrailer.com) have help sections that will help you with information, much in FAQ's if you know how to use their search function. It's the same here. Nearly every question you might have has already been asked by someone else and the answers are "hidden in the responses" on this forum. The search tab in the top black bar will almost always give you a starting point with your research. Remember: There are no "dumb" questions, so don't be afraid to ask for help and for explanations if you don't understand the answer.

The point I was making with Keystone is that you won't get any support from them. In almost every situation, their only response is to instruct you to contact your dealership for assistance.... I know it's not an ideal situation, but they aren't set up to "teach and guide" customers and their management CEO/CFO have made the conscious decision not to fund a robust customer service section to help customers. That said, you're better off either searching for answers here or elsewhere on the internet. Keystone, historically has not been helpful for nearly EVERY customer who calls seeking "how to" information. They just don't/won't help you.... The sooner you accept that and start looking elsewhere the sooner you'll get off the TUMS....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 01-17-2019, 06:45 PM   #12
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

I assume dish was not put on at the factory? dealer?

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 01-24-2019, 10:55 AM   #13
SteveF

I have a 2018 Sprinter Campfire 29FWRL - the splitter is behind the booster plate in ceiling in the bedroom just above where the tv is (or would be).
SteveF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:07 PM   #14
John F

How do you get to it as I do not see it?
Old 01-24-2019, 02:01 PM   #15
markjamestx

We have a 2017 31 Premier Bullet and it's behind the Coax plate behind the TV. And, it is a mess of wires and such.

I called Keystone and they couldn't tell me why I could not hook up the portable satellite dish at the rear of the TT and make it work. Had to install a separate connection on the outside of the TT and run a cable over to the TV. Simple to use, just change from HDMI 1 to 2.
markjamestx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:51 PM   #16
SteveF

John F - do you mean you do not see the splitter behind either plate or you do not see the plate/covers in the ceiling. On my unit there are two plates in the ceiling side by side, one with the built in booster switch and another with two coax cable connections built in the plate...

Does your unit have a booster (small push on/off switch with red LED indicator) in the ceiling in the bedroom area - do you have a tv in your bedroom - if not it still should have prepped coax connections somewhere.
SteveF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:02 PM   #17
Nitehawk

Funny customer service

It is really silly the way each manufactuer works. I have had jayco trailers in the past and have sent request to them for information on wiring diagrams and structures plans.. they sent them to me via e mail no problem.. asked keystone for simular infornation and they not only out right refused but also said that if anything was modified the warrenty would be void.. . And do not do it
Nitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:07 PM   #18
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Nitehawk, Interesting, was not aware these RV manufactures supplied wiring diagrams. As a matter of fact after crawling around in the basement area, and seeing how wires were run, would not think the factory used a wiring diagram

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 01-24-2019, 08:20 PM   #19
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
Nitehawk, Interesting, was not aware these RV manufactures supplied wiring diagrams. As a matter of fact after crawling around in the basement area, and seeing how wires were run, would not think the factory used a wiring diagram
Some are more likely to share than others. Previous employer was a Jayco dealer and I could get wiring schematics with a simple phone call. Grand designs will send schematics if I request while dealing with a specific issue. Same with Tiffen, just spent 2 days with tech support chasing a wire in a 32’ motorhome. Dash hr meter worked but monitor panel didn’t.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:12 PM   #20
Rber1234

On my TT the splitter is behind main Tv in entertainment center. It’s in a wall plate with two coaxial connections. Top coaxial connection is for roof mounted antenna and the bottom connection comes from outside connector where I feed Dish signal.
Rber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable