View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 03:08 PM   #8
Tom N OH

I live with the attitude that all warranties are worth no more than the paper they are printed on, some even less. When I buy something, I pay absolutely no attention to the warranty as a factor in my purchase decision. Now, having said that, we are dealing with a warranty repair to our MHC 305RL's main A/C unit & refrigerator. After I had gone through all of the diagnostic steps & decided that both units were defective, I called a local Keystone dealer (Not the dealer we purchased this unit through, but we had purchased from in the past.). Their tech was on his way to the campground where we have a seasonal lot to service another customer, so he stopped by & confirmed that both units were, in fact, defective. They contacted Dometic about both units, got authorization to do the repairs, ordered the parts & are in the process of doing the repairs. I am shocked & impressed with Dometic's & the dealer's response in this repair. It's just too bad that they sell all of the lower end Keystone lines, otherwise they would have gotten my business on this unit & after this experience, they could have gotten my future business. I do still buy some parts & accessories from them, not much, but it's something.

2017 F350 CC LB SRW 6.7
2015 Montana HC 305RL
Tom N OH is offline   Reply With Quote