View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 05:44 PM   #15
JimSchwenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 Jet Mech View Post
Like others, I too have cut the cable. Gave up dish network and now stream. The HDMI to lightning cable works great. We also have a Roku tv but I prefer the FireStick.
With unlimited data (which is actually 22gb on most services) my phone bill didn’t change from a shared 8 gb plan, and I’m saving $170 mo. The cable will work great. As long as you have battery. Some have a mini usb to connect for power some don’t. It will eat phone battery pretty fast. I have an iPhone 8. My wife has an SE. both work equally good.
Good luck....
I ended up a couple of years ago with a dedicated hotspot. I'm on my second or third one now. you do have the charge for the extra line, but I use it all the time when I'm away from the house.
I've talked to cell designers and researchers who tell me using your phone as a hotspot is like putting your foot to the floor of your car and just running the engine at top speed. Phones aren't designed for continuous processor use at full capacity. But to each his own...I'll bet most of you will tell me it works fine, so that's cool.
I use the hotspot when I travel, too, because it's a heck of a lot more secure that your average hotel wifi. Either way, it's a great way to run the laptop while camping or sitting in my 2500 HD along the road.
JimSchwenk is offline   Reply With Quote