View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 07:17 AM   #18
Larry T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
There's a "fine line" between the flexibility required to keep a trailer from "self destructing while being towed" and "feeling solid when parked". The newer, lighter floor system in ultralight trailers does not "walk the same" as the older, heavier 7/8" solid floor. Also, may floorplans have a 16" "empty space" running down the center where the furnace ducting is positioned. There is minimal support through that area by design.

Some "spongy feel" is to be expected, so depending on how much you're experiencing, it may be normal. The only way to "measure for yourself" is to walk in several trailers with the same floorplan/model number and compare what you feel in your trailer vs what you feel in other models. Be sure that when you compare, you have the same conditons. In other words, if yours is "blocked, chocked and leveled" then compare with the same setup in the other trailers. If yours is "parked on it's tires and not leveled" then compare with that condition in the other trailers.

Once you get that "subjective by my feel" experience, then you can discuss it with the dealer in a "direct comparison" discussion rather than a "I don't know what's normal but I don't think this is" kind of discussion.....

Good Luck
John, dealer took off the underbelly cover and added support in front of slideout. Said floor looked great from underside. But was unable to add support in the main section because of the slideout. The spring area is a line that is 6 feet long in the kitchen going the length and dips over a 1/4 inch on my 175lbs
Larry T is offline   Reply With Quote