View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 09:02 AM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

That's the kind of snowblower that never seems to "completely die"... I had an old Montgomery Wards 8HP 2 stage blower when we lived in Marquette. I sold it when we moved to Louisiana, but looking back, I should have kept it. We had over 200" of snow every year "up dar" and it always managed "somehow" I've got a Woods 60" 3point blower on my tractor. It'll move a 5' drift without slowing down, but forget staying dry. I get it ready (chains, blower and cab shield) in October, during bow season. We never know if our first snow will be before Halloween or after Thanksgiving, but are "blessed with the promise of more than we need" almost every winter. This was a light snow year until this past month, I took my tractor to the dealership to have the hydraulic pump serviced (thinking the heavy snow was done) only to find that after they tore it down to rebuild the pump, it'll be a couple more weeks for parts to arrive, so I'm "stuck with the Ariens and the plow on the RZR. Moving 6' drifts with a RZR just won't happen, so it's "blow through and lots of hot chocolate" LOL HURRY UP SPRING !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote