View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 08:38 AM   #12
Dave W

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I wore out an 8HP Murray blower in 5 years. So, I bought a new Arien's snow blower this past fall. I thought (hopefully) that with a new snow blower, winter would be kind to us. Not so, between the new one (that's now well broken in) and the 3 point blower on my tractor, I've moved "tons too much" snow this winter. We've got nearly 14" on the ground this storm and 2 more days of predicted snowfall before a "partly sunny day".... HURRY SPRING !!!!!

My wife constantly reminds me that I never put the 48" 3 point blower on the tractor last fall. I was an early December flu 'victim' and it just never happened. This means that the little Murray has had to do the job. It is on the third engine in its 25+/- years. The original Tecumseh never started or ran right after a couple years of the now gone MTBE gas. The next was an early Harbor Freight Predator that 'blew' up. The current engine is a late HF Predator and works way way better then the original or second engines. That original auger gear was steel but the new $50 gear will be bronze which to me means that this snow blower will probably soon end up in the dump's metals recycle bin if it fails again. I have new skid shoes and have redrilled the auger shear pin bolt holes 90 degrees around the slip on auger (not their drive shaft) that were wallowed out. Yes, it is about had it. but maybe it will last this and one more year.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote