View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 01:18 PM   #9
sdizzyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
we installed a double battery box in the front compartment on the curb side, removed the battery and wiring from the existing battery compartment. I installed a piece of pressure treated 1/2" plywood, sealed the edges with black silicone and covered it with some of the "cheap" walmart roll carpeting from the auto supply section glued to the plywood. I installed a lock on the lower twist lock and use that compartment to store my tools. They are handy and with the plywood floor, they stay dry.

The only thing in that cabinet other than the battery is the remote "brain" and now it's protected from the weather.

With the new dual 6V battery box, I drilled a 1/2" hole through the bulkhead between the existing battery box and the new location and ran the positive battery cable through that hole to the existing 30amp circuit breakers.

So far I haven't installed a vent line from the battery box to the existing vent, so I used duct tape to cover the back of the existing vent so the compartment remains water tight.

I can take pictures tomorrow if you need to see more of how I did it.
I did the same thing to my 27BHS except I also put a plywood bulkhead in the old compartment to protect the 'Remote Brain' from the tools and blocks I put in it.
sdizzyday is offline   Reply With Quote