View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 05:25 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5J's View Post
Good catch. I looked for the vehicle mfg date but didn't think to look at the sticker posted. However the best way to know is like I stated earlier, pack the truck for a camping trip and head to the scales. Subtract the scales weights from the GVWR and GAWR. Or as posted earlier ask the TV salesman, the F150 is fine for a 36' Alpine. [emoji16]
I completely agree with the bolded statement!!!

Many owners look at the payload sticker, then add running boards (50 lb), a truck cap (175 lbs), a bed liner (75 lbs), a GPS, rear DVD player, TPMS for trailer, brake control, Sirius radio, maps, seat covers, floor mats, and other "additions, and say, "My payload sticker says my trailer can weigh XXX and my trailer tongue is only XX." The omit the DW, DS, DD, pooch, ice chest and camping cargo/firewood/grill/propane tank/generator (because they aren't "permanently attached".....

The best way to know what you can carry (or what you're carrying) is to drive across an accurate scale and get the numbers.....

As for that 36' Alpine, yeah, probably OK, but don't opt for the 39' version....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote