View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 06:18 PM   #12
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
To "cross wires" would mean disassembling the multi-pin plug on the back of the monitor panel or cutting/reconnecting wires on the harness. I'd suspect that would be much more difficult than opening the bottom coroplast, disconnecting the wiring at the sensor probes and reattaching it to the correct probes on the correct tank. My guess is that would mean that three of the wires will be too short to reach and three will be too long.
I laughed out loud when I read this. I've seen no better contrast this year between the attitudes of a computer technician and a mechanic!

I can reach my hand down to the toolbox beside me and fetch out a molex pin removal tool in about 30 seconds. So of course, this is immediately the way I would solve the problem -- diddle a couple of wires in a connector, and back on the air.

To hear someone say that it would be "less difficult" for me to get down on my aching back, shinny under my rig, and maplessly fumble with panes of coroplast, obscuring insulation, and whatever else they cram under these things, then make two or three "short circuits" longer... well, I feel like I would if I heard my dog talk back to me.

Genuinely, climbing around under vehicles is one of those experiences I happily hire experts to let me avoid!