View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 09:46 AM   #19
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamen View Post
I have been telling people for years that the door sticker DOES NOT reflect what you can actually carry. The load capacity on the door is before all fluids, people, hitches, tools, dogs, cats, and anything else you can put in the truck. I have a 2017 F350 DRW Lariat and with everything in the truck I weigh 9500 lbs. The trucks 14000lbs GVWR - 9500lbs actual truck weight means I can put only 4500 more pounds in bed. My 2018 Montana 3120RL has an actual pin weight of 3000lbs. Not the 2200 - 2400lbs most people keep using. This is with only 2000lbs in the trailer. With a SRW diesel I would be over weight on load capacity, but not pulling capacity. These are all scaled weights BTW. Trailer is just at 14000lbs weighed and could carry another 2000lbs to max out its 16000lbs max weight rating. We sold our 2016 F350 SRW and bought the 2017 because I was at max or over for load capacity. Not towing capacity.

I daily commute in the DRW and find very little issues with parking other than the length. Driving it is easy as pie. Stability with the trailer is unreal and to tell the truth if I have a say about it; I won't go back to a SRW. I live in British Columbia, Canada. We have a lot of mountains here and some very steep grades. I thought my 2016 was a very, very good truck, but this 2017 is clearly better in almost every aspect. When Ford said this is the first new Superduty in 18 years, they were not kidding.
I also live in BC and got the F450 for a little more than $2,000 more to get the 4.30 rear end, the bigger brakes and class 4 parts but class 3 license fees. It too is my daily driver and it is legal width. It actually out turns all but a few stripped down F150's in the Ford lineup due to the wide track front end. The only issue is BC's love affair with small vehicle parking so sometimes I have to park further away but I am not in a hurry in any case.
What some folks don't appear to know is that you have to make sure ALL the weights are in spec, not just towing capacity. It's an AND not an OR.
The quick shopping checks are the trucks GCWR-trucks GVWR is the trailer GVWR. The door pillar sticker load capacity - 1,000 lbs times (4 to 5) is the trailer GVWR.
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote