View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 06:27 PM   #11
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
This reply indicates that you intend to occasionally live off the grid. Have you dealt with the holding tank(s) weight issues? Do you have solar on the roof?

I am not trying to be critical, I feel your pain, you have some major weight issues to deal with. You have made a major investment. The F450 is more forgiving, the RV suspension is not. There is thread after thread of suspension failures. I wish you luck in working this out.
We do plan on boondocking eventually. One axle is a bit more than 3% over (7,250 vs 7,000). We did a weighing a few months back of the entire rig, not wheel by wheel and we have lost a lot of weight. Foolishly I do not know where I wrote down the new weight but I will do it again when we leave here for pre-winter servicing. Remember the truck is over by 325 lbs and the one axle by 250 lbs. We removed almost all the weight from the frontmost storage bin under the front couch and a lot from thge basement. I am optimistic but if that isn't enough then we will do more. Thanks for reminding me to account for tanks, fuel and future solar next time.
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote