View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 05:03 PM   #13
mikef

Quote:
Originally Posted by skane View Post
Hi Folks,

Over the weekend I spent a few hours installing a new TV into the master bedroom area of our Passport 2400BH.

It took a bit of digging through these forums but I found a TV Mount and TV combo which fit, allowing the pocket doors to slide in front of my TV. Admittedly it is with a 1/4" of clearance, but that is good enough for me! You could likely create more clearance by choosing a thinner television, but here is what I used.

TV Mount: Sanus Systems Premium VSL4-B1 Fixed Position Mount
TV: Element 24" LED HDTV ELEFJ2416.
Note, this was a Cheap-o TV I picked up at Meijer's for $99. The goal here was cheap and thin. If the TV fit those requirements, I was safe. I measured the depth of the pocket space, subtracted 0.6" (depth of Sanus TV Mount) and sought out to find an LED TV with dimensions smaller than that.

At first, despite my digging, I could not find a good answer how thick the wall between the rooms was. So, I took a chance and drilled a hole in the wall to see the depth. Turns out it was a lot thicker than I suspected, around 2" thick.

Next, I stopped by Ace Hardware and purchased two 1" long 5/8" thick lag screws. They provide two lag screws in the kit with the Sanus, I just took those to Ace and said "give me this screw, but 1" long." I followed the Sanus mount installation directions. Figuring out, based off the positioning of the rear of the mount on the back of the TV, where to install the mount. The mount is very simple as you can see in the image below.

I then screwed the mount to the back of the TV, and simply press the TV into the Mount. It presses backward and clips in. So, there is no need to worry about sliding it down and having clearance above and below the TV.

Voila, she's installed!

Long term plan is install an Amazon Fire Stick and then get a Plex Media server installed in my camper along with a HooToo router to provide local Wifi access. I'll have a separate write up completed on that project soon. Still working on some hurdles there.

Happy Glamping!!
I just did the same install, thanks for your info and notes. Is that a 24" or a 32" TV that you used? I saw you said 24" but looks bigger.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
mikef is offline   Reply With Quote