View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 09:31 AM   #3
KeithInUpstateNY

I keep my Honda EU2000i in a 20" x 28" x 22" dog crate my dog out grew on a bumper mounted hitch platform I got at Tractor Supply. When I'm traveling the generator goes in an exterior compartment in the trailer and the crate and platform go in the back of the truck.

I covered three sides of the ventilated top half with a tarp with a felted mover's blanket folded into it to help keep the rain out and reduce noise. It's held in place by binder clips on the front and a bungee cord in the back. The back is hinged with Velcro tie wraps.

The generator sits with the exhaust facing the door opening on three layers of kneeling pads alternated with scrap pieces of milkhouse plastic to virtually eliminate any vibration transferred to the trailer and raise it up. Some water does get in through the front and the ventilated lower half in heavy rainfalls, but in three five month seasons dry camping in a State Forest it has never been a problem.

I tried to attach pics, but the forum doesn't allow it. If you are interested send me a private message and I will try to send them that way.

Keith

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote