View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #23
lacofdfireman

Montana High Country Fifth Wheels

We are having a sort of dilemma as to what to do. We are torn between new or used. We want to spend under $35k which puts us at a level of a used mid range model like a HC Montana or a low end Hideout new. We know either would work for us as we would use it 20-30 nights per year max. That may even be stretching it. We have been RV owners for 20 years plus owning two different toyhaulers one a 26ft Weekend warrior and one a 40ft Rampage fifth wheel. We've also owned 2 Class A's with the last one putting on about 55k miles in the last 4 years. My kids are getting older and we only have 5 years until our youngest will be moving out so we want to keep owning. Renting isn't going to work for us. I know some people say we'd be better off renting than buying but we like having to have it at our disposal. One year we may spend 40 nights in one than another year maybe only 20 but I never know with my work schedule.

So we are trying to decide If we should go new Hideout for $30k or midline used HC Montana for around $35k or we even found an 07 Montana 3000RK for about $17k that literally has maybe a total of 100 night total of it being used and zero times in the past 3 years.

When I retire in 10 years we plan on buying one in the $80k and above range and spending some serious travel time in it.

Curious as to what some of your thought would be on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lacofdfireman is offline   Reply With Quote