Thread: 4 bike carriers
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
cumminsdad08

don't know what for tow vehical you have, but it might be worth while looking into a roof mount for the TV. 4 bikes is a lot of weight bouncing around. even two high end adult and two kids bikes should be a couple of hundred lbs. we have avarage adult bikes, and mine is rather large, being over 6 ft tall, and i used to just jamb them in the bed othe truck on the sides and squeeze the 2-4 kids bikes i usually have to take with. this winter i invested in a tool box, so i don't know what i am going to do with the bikes. i have been looking into a roof mount, but i hate to make my truck any higher then what it is now. (i have it lifted). i don't think that to truck with bikes would be any higher then the trailer. i was going to look into a mount for the trailer, but i am afraid when the kids get older, (if they still want to hang out with us camping), that it will be too much weight for the bumper to hold. i heard stories of them twisting up and such.....

so i don't think that i answered your question, but i hope i ironed out some ideas for ya.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote