View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 09:52 AM   #3
AussieCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phdruss View Post
I know there are a lot of posts on this issue however I cannot seem to find a specific answer. I have a 2017 Springdale 302FWRK. There is a mounting location sticker. Does anyone know what is behind the sticker? Is it a backer board, a stud, aluminum plate? By the looks of it I am guessing nothing longer then an 1 1/4 screws??
I have a Hideout 295BHS and mounted a 24" TV in the bedroom.

From experience - I very much doubt that there is a full (floor to roof) stud behind the wall. I found this out the hard way, as I tried to mount vertically higher than where the sticker was (but on the same horizontal) - and there is definitely no stud. I drilled a hole 4" above the sticker, and discovered there is only the 1/8" panel with no backer, hence why I say no wall stud like a traditional house construction.

SO, I would suggest that it's simply a smaller wood backer plate behind that sticker (I say wood as I pre-drilled mount holes, and sawdust came out. Not sure how big the backer plate is exactly, but take my learnings and apply them. I ended up mount 1.5" above the sticker center point, but I wouldn't try and go any higher than that. Ideally, make that sticker the center point of your mount
AussieCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote